I need help with my pro 164 please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbpro164

Im a premium member of rr and i have tryed and tryed for 4 days to get my scanner to be able to be programed by my pc help me please i have the orange usb cable from radio shack and i have tryed the scancat soft ware the starrsoft and bluetell and can get anything to work what do i need to do

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Make sure the correct COM port is selected.

Use the stereo connector on the cable

In Win 97, be sure and select the Pro164 (Third scanner on the drop down list)

Try to "Download" from scanner. Does that work?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Welcome

Im a premium member of rr
Welcome and thanks for joining.

and i have tryed and tryed for 4 days to get my scanner to be able to be programed by my pc
We could help you better if you tell us what agencies you are trying to program. Be specific like state, county, agenices and/or a link to it in our DB.

help me please i have the orange usb cable from radio shack
I guess that is 20-047. That's the correct cable. Plug it in then go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware - Device Manager -> Ports to see if it is listed and what COM port has been assigned. If not listed, you probably need to install the driver for it. If listed, be sure to note the COM port and set it in WIN97. Also it might be helpful to know what O/S you are running as that might change the driver you need.

and i have tryed the scancat soft ware the starrsoft and bluetell and can get anything to work what do i need to do
Throw out ScanCat, it does not work. I use WIN97 and would recommend that. Get the cable working, set the COM port, and tell us what you want to do next. I know this is all overwhelming at first, but hang in there and we'll get you through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.