I need help with my pro - 528 (El Paso, Tx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epscanner

i bought this scanner at radioshack and love it
but just recently, i have had trouble listening to all the trunked frequencies in El Paso, Texas. I programed everything manually and it was working for a long time until now. The police department uses a type II motorola smartnet system. However i found out that they are changing it to a smartzone system, so is this the reason why my scanner isnt recieving the trunking channels??

Another reason might be because El Paso is right on the border with Juarez, Mexico, and they have had over 800 people killed this year, so the government sent soldiers to the city. It was just published in the El Paso Times that the soldiers and drug cartels are interfeering with our new wi-fi system downtown.
The El Paso police have not had any interference but is there a possibility that i cannot listen to the trunking channels on my scanner due to the interference in Juarez, Mexico???

CapSS92

I seriously doubt it due to the way the system is designed. Check what control channels you have. There is a backup control channel that can hang up your scanner. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.