BCT15X: I need help with my uniden bct15x!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2001scoop

Feed Provider
I need help!!! I have two problems. One, i made this group of frequencies that i want to hear only, I scan, and it scans the whole scanner which is mostly frequencies that are only static but still picks up my group. Two, when listen to a frequency, while in the middle of transmission it cuts out for a couple seconds and i hear it clearly and it doesn't start scanning again. Please help!!!!!!!!

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I will join you in this question. My BCT 15 refuses to let go of Alabama in the scan list. In Freescan I have turned sates off, on the scanner I have pushed the power button and chose SC, but I cannot find a way to make it stop scanning those frequecies. Mine will also scan my loaded stuff once I lockout all the state stuff.

Blackink

Hi there. I'd start by asking if you have the BearTracker features turned on? If so, you'll have to turn them off because if they are enabled, your scanner will scan a bunch of frequencies that the scanner is "set" on for a particular state. read this here and see if following the instructions help in reducing what your scanner is scanning: Copied from the Easier To Read Manual......
All BearTracker features are on by default which makes no sense at all if you don't know how to turn them off. My advice is to disable everything and start from there.

Press POL and HP until all the icons (PL, DT, HP, and BT) disappear from the display to turn off all preprogrammed frequencies.

Your second problem sounds like there is a Priority channel on/enabled. Check these to verify:

Weather Alert Priority - Turning the weather alert priority feature on allows the scanner to check the weather channels every 5 seconds for a 1050 Hz weather alert signal and still scan or search.
You will see WX in the display when Weather Alert Priority is on.
Press then GPS(WX) to toggle Weather Alert Priority on/off in Any Mode except GPS.

Priority Scan - When the scanner is scanning a conventional system, it interrupts scanning (based on the priority check interval setting) to check priority channels for activity. The more channels you have set to priority, the longer the interruption will be.
Press then POL to toggle Priority On, Priority Plus, Priority Off in Scan Mode.

See if any of these suggestions help and if you're not familiar with the Easier To Read Manual, you can find it here: Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! I didn't notice the HP light on and that was my problem. Thanks again.

escorial

So far the manual has made my brain hurt ;-( Is there a simple way to do freq scan from low to high. My past muh older and simpler scanner let you simply enter a low and high limit of freq and then just scan, when I found a freq that I likes I would just click and save it to the scnner.

Would this be possible on this current model? I really did not expect this to be so user unfriendly , the included manual is nuts and easier one online is not much better. I suspect that folks would have been into the radio hobby for many years this would make sence to myself, hmmm perhaps in a few more months ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.