I need help with simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. My local area departments have been making some pretty major changes recently leaving us analog listeners in the dark. I was just curious of where and/or how do I determine if simulcast is something I'm going to have to deal with? I'm considering the SDS200, but that is out of the budget right now and I'm also not sure if I really need the flagship to cover everything in my area.

I'm in Marion County, Iowa, but also monitor most surrounding counties as well. With the exception of Polk.

I listen to basically the full spectrum. Everything from law and fire to the power companies etc after severe weather.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You may not need it right now, but the ISICS system is already partly simulcast, and will probably become more so as time goes on. I would get it for future proofing.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
save up your money and get one of the SDS scanners, you will love it

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
As noted the SDS is great but looking at your area all I see is MULTICAST all the sites around you are using different frequencies so SIMULCAST does not look to be a problem. I would atleast buy a P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2 scanner. With that being said Big M is selling SIMULCAST right and left every where else.

Status
Not open for further replies.