I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpoter

Not sure where to place this thread, I'm new here. I bought a pair of VHF walkie talkies and I have no idea what frequencies the radios are programmed on I don't have a scanner with me and don't intend to buy one yet. Is there a program or any way to figure out the frequencies that are programmed on these things. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

kma371

QRT
You would need a frequency counter or the radio software to determine frequency if no scanner is a available.

TheSpoter

You would need a frequency counter or the radio software to determine frequency if no scanner is a available.

Can you show me to the right place for a frequency counter, I looked for one of those before and never found one. Thank you

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
If you search the maker/type, you can usually find it on the Internet.

kma371

QRT
Can you show me to the right place for a frequency counter, I looked for one of those before and never found one. Thank you

Google it ;)

There are many radio suppliers that sell them. Check HRO or universal radio

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Also, If you want to go the harder/more expensive route.

Look for a used scanner with "Close Call/Signal Stalker" it's cheaper than a freq counter.

GrumpyGuard

You can also take them to a two way radio sales company and for a nominal fee they will tell you what frequencies are programed into the radio. They may even be willing to reprogram the radio for you. Programing software and cables can get quite pricey for the commercial radios. Good luck.

W2NJS

If you have not already done so, look inside the battery compartment with the battery removed. There may be a sticker telling you the frequency or frequencies the radios are set for.

maalox

radio shack give you a 30 day refund policy go buy a scanner with signal stalking or a uniden after you scan for the freqs for your walkie t take scanner back for refund...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.