I need help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

2lazy

I have been monitoring palmetto 800 for about eight months now and i have finally gotten the 10 codes and signal sheets from a friend but the signals stop at signal 38 and i hear some deputies talking about code 11 and code fiveI and i was wondering is there any one who can help in retrieving the rest of the signals and a list of the codes it would be so helpful.

bpalmer

This is a bit complicated.

Who are you listening to. Is it SC Highway Patrol, is it your local police or sheriff, if so what town or county. No guarantee that any two agencies use exactly the same material. Here in Beaufort County the sheriff office uses the modified APCO and then added around 100 additional signals for over two hundred and forty ten codes and signals.

Then there are one or two unoffical codes such as restroom breaks.

There are a lot of diffrent ten codes and signals. The SCHP uses a fairly standard system based on the APCO normal. Radio reference has some ten codes. <Bearcat1.com> has others.

Let us know more and maybe myself or others can get you up to speed.

Last edited:

2lazy

the units i ilsten to are richland county sheriffs department.i have all the ten's codes and signal's i just need the codes like code 5 code 11 and so on .

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
2lazy said:
the units i ilsten to are richland county sheriffs department.i have all the ten's codes and signal's i just need the codes like code 5 code 11 and so on .

cpd and rcsd use codes as disposition codes... ie code 11 i believe is nothing found/no report taken, and i forget the others, think there are 15 of them, am on the ems/fire side, so i don't have them known by memory, but i'll get them! give me a few days.. :)

2lazy

thanx ceaser

i apreciate it ceaser i work in the towing and recovery side i scan all the time .

rockynsabrina

please post

can i get you to post the signals that you already have.i live in florence and i have all the ten codes and a few signal codes.that would be a lot of help.
sig.30 ------peeping tom\
sig 42-------drugs

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
rockynsabrina said:
can i get you to post the signals that you already have.i live in florence and i have all the ten codes and a few signal codes.that would be a lot of help.
sig.30 ------peeping tom\
sig 42-------drugs

i can't help you on that because signals vary from dept to dept, for example
cayce pd - sig30 means is everything ok/10-4? while rcsd/cpd that means spec duty/off duty assignment, so it varies, as you see, sig30 is peeping tom for your dept...

2lazy

ok i know

hey i've got the sheet from the patrol cer for 10 codes and signals i just need the desposition codes such as code 8 or like code 5 i which is report taken and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.