I need suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy252

I am looking into buying a digital scanner with 700MHz capabilities. I want some user input on which ones are user-friendly, simple to use w/o software... and overall just a good scanner,

what ive looked at are GRE500's, Bct396t, Bct996t, GRE600's.

I can't make up my mind, so i need some help....

thanks in advance

mrova

I can't imagine

using these scanners without the software! I'd say get the one you want and go ahead and get the software demos and try them out and even set up your frequencies.

I tried the demo software before I got the scanner...had many of the frequencies I wanted already in the software so that when I got my scanner, I was going at it in just a few minutes after it arrived. Then, you can take all the time you want to learn how to program it by hand without the software. Maybe you just love a challenge, or you just love figuring that stuff out, but I just can't imagine anyone being able to use one of these things up without software assistance!

By the way...I vote the 500. Incredible little unit there.
sv

BMT

Thing's I've learned and mistake's I've made!! ;-))
Check the Mode.
Check the Data Skip box.
Adjusting the squelch.

I have over 2,000 UHF MILAIR freqs in my 996. I'm still tweaking my set up. There are about 6 freqs that give me problem's for whatever reason.

July I logged 235 UHF MILAIR freqs.

Anyone monitoring MILAIR got any question just send me a PM or e-mail.

BMT

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You broke your list down to four choices, but hand-held vs mobile/base depends on your needs. So you really have it down to two choices, Uniden, or GRE. Having owned all of them, I'd definitely recommend GRE.

gd9704

I have the PSR-500 and I adore it.

Like the others above have said, the $50 or so spent on programming software and a RR subscription will save you HOURS of tedious programming by hand.

I was able to have my 500 up and running with my local digital trunking systems in less than 30 minutes, taking my time.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.