I need to re download ARC500 and i cannot do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
its not picking anything up. I also saved it and hacked it up and cut and pasted my maine and nh freqs in there thinking my settings are messed up and its still not reciving anything far away

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
im done with these peices of junk. I should have never never ever sold my Uniden996xt I got taken for a ride and it hurts.... Night

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to program them for 2 days..... Ask MaineTrunk im just selling them and going back to what i know and thats the BCD996XT

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Lol... I'm going back to my 996 radios. It wasn't broke. Not sure why I tried to fix it

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
GRE, and GRE scanners rebadged for Radio Shack, have very sensitive front ends. It's possible they were overloaded, which would desensitize them, if connected to outside antennas. Unidens, not so much.

mainetrunk

Well, Jason i got a touch of bad news about MY 197... My Uniden 15X get's stuff my pro 197 does not.. I did my antenna check's and it appears the 197 just isn't as sensitive as any Uniden. So now you also got a splitter that takes signal away from the 197.. My 2 Unidens go to 1 antenna, the 197 has all the signal from it's antenna. Even switching, the 197 just is not as sensitive as what you are used to.. What is the RECOMMENDED antenna for the 197? ( it's all good folks-we're friends ) So, 1 scanner, 1 antenna? or do you get amplifier and struggle? Experiment Daniel son

cg

Premium Subscriber
usually the issue is that the 197 is TOO sensitive. Trying using the ATT function and see if the radio performs better.

chris

mainetrunk

You're right CG, mine has to use the ATT on %90 of my vhf. But last night, he had no signal bars showing on his pro 197 to engage the ATT..He heard a CC that was at least 40 miles away as the crow flies. ( Mt. Aggie-commnet CC ) We even walked thru his EXPERT SETTING'S-except for ADC calibrate, RSSI Sig calibrate. But he did have a few things engaged mine does not.Like--- Flext step--on, Trunking CH#: yes, Radio alert:yes, CCdump:yes, and DSP dump: yes.. Any of those interfere?

Status
Not open for further replies.