I need [Zumspot] help. Long story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkorchensky

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 pistar Zumspots. Both are used to monitor DMR and D-star.
Both are on the different callsigns but frequency is the same and are 100 miles apart.

I have asked several time for a DMR ESSID for the second unit but I am always told to just use 01 after my original ESSID.

So.............
VE3EUK with my home information and location in Kitchener
frequency 443.300
ESSID 3024045

VA3EUK with my cottage information and location in Kincardine
Frequency 443.300
ESSID 302304501 (as I have been told to use)

Originally I had the same callsign in both but thought that would be OK because of distance between units. Was told this is NOT OK so got second Callsign.
Tried to register second call but was told could not be done so just use 01 after my ESSID which I am now doing.

I have never felt this to be OK but just did what I was told.

Is there a guru here that can tell me if I am doing everything OK or not? PLEASE! I don't want to cause any problems or system lockups, etc.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

VE3EUK for over 50 years.
Ralph

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you're never using both of them at the same time I don't see why you couldn't just use the same ID.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Would it be a problem if they weren't on the same frequency? That is how I have my two hotspots differentiated.

mitbr

To the OP..... putting a 1 at the end of the essid should work just fine. Make sure to not use the 2 hotspots at the same time of you do then problems will occur.
Tim:cool:

rkorchensky

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to all that replied. just in case it was missed 2 different callsigns are involved, but you all seem to agree it should be OK.
Now I can sleep tonight.

Thanks again and stay safe.
Ralph VE3EUK/VA3EUK

Status
Not open for further replies.