I passed My General today

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0KM

After just getting my ticket back in April, and after about the past 5-6 months of self study, just from the book, I passed my Element 3 tonight. I missed from what they told me was four, but no idea which ones. I am now KD0HMI/AG -- whoo whoo, now I just have to get on HF, and learn how to listen. Last year when I was on GOTA during Field Day, I had a very hard time hearing QSLs. Looks like we have another General here on the boards.

W4TF

congratulations!!! I see an Extra ticket in ure future :)

I am sending a congratulatory Radiogram your way

KC0KM

Thanks -- as for going for my Extra, not for a awhile at least. I had enough problems with the math on this one. I have never had algebra, the only one I had was pre-algebra and that was 1984/85 -- 25 years ago. A lot of stuff I was reading simply did not make sense.

As for the radio-gram -- thanks -- I never got one when I got my Tech back in April of last year, and I was told that someone would send me one, so I have never gotten one.

KD0HMI/AG

KC0KM

Congratulations! Did you try any of the online practice tests?

Yes -- I mostly used eHam for my tests, as for study I used the ARRL book. After I read the book I began to study the questions, covering them up and trying to answer them that way. Later I began using the on line questions, and then would write down the ones that I missed, then go back and study that question, and sometimes the entire section.

I have had my General for a month now, but have yet to get on the air. I have a loaned Ten-Tec 546C, but only got the power supply and stuff over the weekend, 80-10M Windom, but have yet to get it mounted. I also have to figure out where I want to put it, and where to run my ground (my cold water pipe is about 20 feet away...). I hope to get on the air soon...I just neeed a good "elmer" me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.