• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

I sold all my toys, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

Well fella's. I have sold off most of my toys, Pro-97, Sangean ATS-909, Discone Antenna, and Yaesu VR-120.

I am going to preorder my BCT15 from Glenn at ScannersUnlimited as soon as my money comes from PayPal into my checking account.

I should have about $270 after the BCT-15 is ordered. I am pretty sure that I want a BR330T as many of you know from the PMs and other postings on this subject. But now I am having second thoughts. lol. For some reason I have struggled with the thought of purchasing the BR330T.

I have the BCD396T and a Pro-2055 for scanning. I predict that once the BCT15 arrives, the Pro-2055 will either go mobile or will hit the auction block. (I am hooked on Dynamic Memory).

I guess my question is, is there a better handheld scanner out there for under $270 compared to the BR330T? 1 BCT15 is all I need at this point. I may sell the Pro-2055 for the BCT15 later. I have owned a Pro-97 and don't want another. I have had a BC246T and don't want another. I have used a Pro-96 and wasn't impressed.

I love my BCD396T so it only makes sense to get the BR330T too, right?

MarkWestin

After I bought my BR330T, my AOR AR-8200 Mk3 spends most of its time sitting unused. The BR330T is so mush easier to use, and I also really like the Dynamic Memory. I also have the BCD396T, and both it and the BR330T are practically identical as far as performance during "normal" scanning. The BR330T is a better scanner than the BC246T in every way (except that it uses 3 batteries instead of 2.)

Hope this helps,

Mark

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
How about you buy a GPS unit to go with the BCT15? I just happen to have one that would work great ;)

bonus1331

I bought the 330 after the 396 and just like how I could maintain the exact same structure within both radios. (Quick Keys, Systems #, etc), as well as the ease of programming.
Cut and paste from UASD396 to UASD330.

The BCT15 will continue that trend.

I have found the 330 to be slightly more sensitive than the 396.

safetyobc

Dubbin said:
How about you buy a GPS unit to go with the BCT15? I just happen to have one that would work great ;)
I am sure you do :lol:

But for now, I am only going to use the BCT15 in the "shack." Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.