I some intresting things with Henderson Police!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
This morning while working I heard this on a Henderson freq!
trunk
id 57744

"Persons name" This is the henderson police department come out with your hands up, at first I thought to my self maybe an officer kept his mic open how ever it happend much more times. The next was "persons name" come out and speak to officers, your not in trouble were just making sure your ok.

Is this a common thing they do?
Is this so they have a audio log of the event?
Is this for hostage situation?

Thanks all

Last edited:

TOUGHLIFE

The officer probably meant to pick up the mic for his paging speaker and held the radio mic by accident.

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
Follow up

I'm still listing I've now heard them announce the same thing 20 times, every time they announce it over the radio as well as the PA. also I heard them ask how long until swat shows up, they said swat was leaving right then, that was 1 hour ago, about 15 minutes ago I was driving down the street and swat went past me, and they were at that point 15 plus miles away from the scene, intresting part is it took swat 45 minutes to get from the main station to 3 miles away where I was, at there current rate of speed it will take them a day to get there lol.

tmundal

I'm still listing I've now heard them announce the same thing 20 times, every time they announce it over the radio as well as the PA. also I heard them ask how long until swat shows up, they said swat was leaving right then, that was 1 hour ago, about 15 minutes ago I was driving down the street and swat went past me, and they were at that point 15 plus miles away from the scene, intresting part is it took swat 45 minutes to get from the main station to 3 miles away where I was, at there current rate of speed it will take them a day to get there lol.

Thats because when they activate SWAT, they have to page all the available officers....wait for them to arrive, suit up, quick briefing, head out. Unless its like LAPD, most PD's don't have swat ready to go all the time.

Lt51506

When I lived in Henderson, I heard things like that a few times myself. What I think MAY be happening is this:

On the siren console in the unit, there is usually a setting that will rebroadcast the radio traffic over the PA system. The officer may have it set to that, being away from his unit and such. If, for whatever reason, he could not leave his position, he may have keyed the mic on his HT, allowing him to use the PA-Radio setting in the car as a PA. I've witnessed several agencies do this over the years.

Just a thought.

Matthew49ers

I'm willing to bet that the guy that came out of his house got arrested. It's might be a trick to get him to come out.

Was there a reason they did that?, or because I know they won't go to some random house out of the blue and do that.

crazynova

In Metro cars, the same mic is used for the PA system and the radio. Sometimes an officer will mean to speak on the PA but forget to switch and broadcast it over the air on the radio instead.

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
one would hope an officer didn't continue to make the same mistake 30 plus times I heard it, so I would assume it was on purpose. lol

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
I believe they for legal reasons so dispatch can record the demands on the other end, or perhaps the radio transmits it as well as puts it on the load speaking and none of them hear it cause its not a frequency they normally hear and I happen to have a scanner to listen. lol

SCPD

QRT
It's possible the person that they were addressing may have had possession of a police radio for some reason, and they (Police) knew he had it and was listening to it?

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
The transmission only lasted as long as the police were using the PA. also the commanding officer would inform the police officer whom was using the PA when to actually do it on the same frequency.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Could it have been a remote PA device? Maybe like a radio and PA unit in a box they can drop in front of a house and then talk from a safe distance?

SCPD

QRT
I checked back on this thread because of something I read this morning on one of my many visited news sites. Some place in New Jeresy, a man had stolen some Police items, including a radio, and the idiot was talking on it. That is how the local police there realized a radio had been missing.

So, I couldn't recall where I saw this thread at, so I had to check back. Guess this event in this thread is totally unrelated since NJ and NV aren't exacly within radio range of each other.

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
Yea it was intresting I would agree it was a remote radio setup, it was part of henderson trunk system.

mdickerson17

I have heard this before with metros air 4 talking over there pa system when someone was stuck in a desert area on south hollywood. I too thought it was a mistake until i heard it multiple times and could hear the echo from the pa in the background. Henderson uses metro air unit from time to time so maby its related?

Jesse_Anthem

recording

if i understand correctly youre talking about the recorded message that is aired on a certain channel; it's bilingual and it talks about the police dog and such.... well if that is what youre referring to - PD utilizes this as a pre-recorded message that will be aired on such events like hostage situations...
the message will run for as long as the situation takes place, and when swat arrives and is ready to go the PA system (in one squad car facing the house) will blast at the house

mdickerson17

if i understand correctly youre talking about the recorded message that is aired on a certain channel; it's bilingual and it talks about the police dog and such.... well if that is what youre referring to - PD utilizes this as a pre-recorded message that will be aired on such events like hostage situations...
the message will run for as long as the situation takes place, and when swat arrives and is ready to go the PA system (in one squad car facing the house) will blast at the house

I cant speak for the op but what i heard was no recording, its was the female officer in the police helicopter and what she was saying over the pa was not a recording and was not repeated and she specifically referred to the woman in the security uniform to stay in her jeep and wait for officers.

VegasMike

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay!

Yes It wasn't recorded, the officer changed what he said, a couple of times got words backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.