I think I missed something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayhiker

I have programend the freqs in the bank set them to mot and i can hear what appers to be the schp but instead of greenville I am hearing for saprtanburg. Could someone please send me a screenshot or a link or some way to program The SCHP for Greenville. I would also like to have Pickens/oconee. Is there a place to program the 20880 for greenville? I may be in way over my head....I am using win 97 and a pro 97 Plus sometimes it locks on one of the freqs and all I hear is a grrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise, what is that?

Russell

Last edited:

E367BL

The channels may be patched

It is possible that the Greenville and Spartanburg dispatch channles are patched together and use the same dispatch, in this case, Spartanburg. This is a common practice for them throughout the state. Have you monitored the channel long enough to determine if all of the traffic you are hearing is coming from Spartanburg?

N8IAA

I have programend the freqs in the bank set them to mot and i can hear what appers to be the schp but instead of greenville I am hearing for saprtanburg. Could someone please send me a screenshot or a link or some way to program The SCHP for Greenville. I would also like to have Pickens/oconee. Is there a place to program the 20880 for greenville? I may be in way over my head....I am using win 97 and a pro 97 Plus sometimes it locks on one of the freqs and all I hear is a grrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise, what is that?Russell

That is the sound Digital TG's make. On the Palm 800 system, Greenville (county) has digital TG's. You will not be able to monitor them. Try the conventional frequencies further down the page (for Greenville county) for your county and cities. So, unless you are in the market for a digital TT scanner, ya'll are SOL. :)
Sorry,
Larry

E367BL

...On the Palm 800 system, Greenville (county) has digital TG's. You will not be able to monitor them...

I think Dayhiker was looking to monitor SCHP, which according to the database should be analog.

What you have said is certainly true according to the databse for the city and county agencies in Greenville County that use the Palmetto 800 system.

Dayhiker

I entered all the freq in the list for Greenville (Paris) But i found that there is a diffrent number coming up at the bottom of the scanner 20880 is the greenville one and the other numbers coming up are anderson and spartanburg is there a way to just scan the 20880 and not hear the other ones or do I have to have all the freqs in the bank. Sorry this is the first trunking scanner i have ever had..Plus the manul , the mor i read the more conffused i get... here is the list i programed

035 Greenville (PARIS) 854.98750 856.23750 858.26250 859.26250a 859.96250c 866.87500 867.15000 867.45000 867.73750

Here is the link where i got them from http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=429

Last edited:

firefighter89

I will tell you how to program it by hand because I have never used the software. It is simple to program by hand. Enter the frequency 859.96250 and press enter and then trunk. Press mode once to set the system type to Motorola. Then enter 20880 for SCHP Greenville and press enter. Then press man and then func and delay to set the bank into closed mode so that you only hear the talkgroup you have programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.