I think I need more space on my Yukon XL's console

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I never figured I'd run out of space on my 2002 GMC Yukon XL's console ... so either I need to figure out a better way to use my radios or stop buying radios.

Somewhere I need to figure out where to add the RS Pro 92 back in, along with the 560xlt. I could go back to clipping the UV5R and UV5R+ to the roof, where the lip of the sunroof is I guess then stick the 560xlt where the UV5R is, then find some place to stick the Pro 92.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,459

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Wow! Quite a setup! Care to show your antenna setup as well? I see at least 3 are connected to external antennas.

Nice. Looks orderly even though it's 5 handhelds!

sefrischling

All three scanners have their own antennas. The antennas will get redone shortly. Right now it is just two SpectrumForce antennas on the rear roof, semi-hidden up against the rack, so the wires are neat and out of the way, with a cell style window antenna.

I plan on removing those for three NMOs in the roof. Right now looking at a basic 800mhz, basic VHF 1/4 wave and a Comtelco wide-band antenna. The Comtelco may end up as a hood mount as it seems like it is not all that flexible to deal with a parking garage.

When I need it, a VHF Motorola Astro Saber III is just stuffed between the console and seat off to the right. It has a specific purpose for work. I use portable scanners because I travel for work and end up throwing 2 or 3 in my bag to listen to what i need to listen to for work. The antenna for that is the Watson W-801.

sefrischling

I can't figure out where to put the Saber.

Is there a way to mount a smaller portable on the dash, to the left of the console so I can stick the Saber down on the side easily? Open to suggestions.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140507_Radio_Truck.jpg
    20140507_Radio_Truck.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,635

ffmedjoe

LOL i have the same problem. I had 3x MCS2000's. VHF, UHF and 800. Now i have u and 800 handhelds. I'd like to get a triband but cant swallow that 10k price tag!

sefrischling

ffmedjoe

Just as soon as I win big and can afford two Thales Liberty portables this may get easier. Smaller, better battery, easy to program, effective scan, priority scan, P25, excellent audio and power. If only each one didn't cost more than my truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.