I was told GMRS was not allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
You do know what REACT is don't you? (Radio Emergency Associated Communications Teams)

I'm sure their exception is due to the nature of radio traffic.

What activity would be heard on your GMRS feed?

brandon

Database Admin
Can't speak for the admins, but my guess is that since its a Skywarn/storm spotter type of stream it is allowed.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Can't speak for the admins, but my guess is that since its a Skywarn/storm spotter type of stream it is allowed.

Yes that is correct. We do not take the everyday GMRS/FRS chatter as this is not "feed worthy".

K

kb0nly

Maybe not feed worthy but damn funny to listen to sometimes!

By the same example you can argue most of the amateur band repeater feeds are also not feed worthy, listening to people talk about totally random stuff. But i enjoy listening to that as well!

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
By the same example you can argue most of the amateur band repeater feeds are also not feed worthy, listening to people talk about totally random stuff. But i enjoy listening to that as well!

You know what i mean:)

richtidd

Database Admin
I was told by a "Live audio admin" that GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) was not allowed to be streamed on Radio Reference, and yet this feed was allowed?

Heartland REACT (462.700) Live Scanner Audio Feed

Like Kendirk said, general GMRS/FRS/MURS feeds are not approved as they would have little interest. We also do not approve CB feeds. All are in the "children band" class as far as feeds go.

REACT is OK as that is in the same class as an ARES, SKYWARN type feed.

In this case, this REACT feed (official description is Heartland REACT (462.700), is an "Official Feed". Meaning Lindsay approved their status. Used by Heartland REACT storm spotters during severe weather and to coordinate public events such as parades, walks, bike rides, Halloween, etc.

While ARES groups go this, a lot of general Amateur radio groups do as well.

conve36

Like Kendirk said, general GMRS/FRS/MURS feeds are not approved as they would have little interest. We also do not approve CB feeds. All are in the "children band" class as far as feeds go.

"Children band"?

You obviously do not know that there is a difference between GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) and FRS (Family Radio Service).

richtidd

Database Admin
"Children band"?

You obviously do not know that there is a difference between GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) and FRS (Family Radio Service).

I do know the the differences.
I have a license.

I am referring to a Live Audio perspective.
These type feeds have little feed value.

dwh367

"Children band"?

There used to be a difference until manufacturers started selling bubble back radios that also included the 8 "GMRS Only" frequencies. Now the constant call tones, roger beeps, etc. have infiltrated what little sacred ground we had left. Granted, I know how to use CTCSS and DCS, so that I don't have to listen to all of that garbage, but I don't think anyone would listen to a feed for very long with all of that nonsense going on.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Children band"?

Maybe two steps above 11 meter "cb" is the difference.:roll:
Definitely not enough radio discipline for an online feed,at least not in my area.
n9zas

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Oh my.....

OP's Question has been answered.

All stream approvals are at the discretion of live audio administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.