i was wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrek_lee_25

is washington iowa putting up a tower in the dubuque area because i head a test page for washington file department earlier today

witthoft

Premium Subscriber
Why in the world would we put up a tower in the DBQ area? It was probably a band opening.

LID109

seeing your previous post about GID 1766 being active in your area. I'm going to guess it's washington county fire test page around 1720 hrs on 154.370 which is linked in black hawk county to gid 1766. 154.370 is also black hawk county's county fire frequency.

so basicly you were hearing the unintentional linking of a county fire that transmits on the same frequency as BHCO fire, on gid 1766 probably.

Ebenge

Premium Subscriber
Washington County Paging test

Washington county does a pager test every night a 5:30 of all their emergency systems. Dubuque is a long way from Washington, Ia

witthoft

Premium Subscriber
Ebenge said:
Washington county does a pager test every night a 5:30 of all their emergency systems. Dubuque is a long way from Washington, Ia

I'm a little confused... What are you saying?

w0fg

It's not really all that complicated or amazing. As an earlier poster noted, the Washington paging signal is being picked up by the Blackhawk County fire receiver on their shared frequency of 154.370. That BH county frequency is linked to the RACOM 800 Mhz EDACS system used by many BH agencies. That talk group is fed to a variety of towers or "systems", including Dubuque.

Status
Not open for further replies.