I Will Buy the TH-F6A, But Can I...

Status
Not open for further replies.

diomenezes

Hello my friends,
I will buy the Kenwood TH-F6A, but a have a big question:
Is it possible enable the 824-849 and 869-894 frequencies?
Eg.: Can I listen the frequency 825 or 830 or 840...?

SAR923

You can receive 1-1300MHz, excluding 824-849 and 869-894. So no, you can't pick up those frequencies.

KR4BD

Can i Including this frequencies 824-849 and 869-894 ?

I have had a Kenwood TH-F6A HT since they first came out (around 2000, I think). I doubt this radio would hear much in the frequencies you want even if you could modify it. Most, if not virtually all, of the cell traffic is now digital and won't decode on this analog radio. It does cover most frequencies up to 1.3 GHz, including HF, but the antenna on it is designed to work primarily at 2 meters (146 MHz), 1.25 meters (222 MHz) and 70 centi-meters (440 MHz). It receives adequately at 155-165 MHz, but is pretty deaf in many parts of the spectrum unless you connect a resonant antenna for the frequencies you want to hear. It only transmits on the ham bands listed above.

diomenezes

What is the best of the best HT?
I had a TH-78a but this radio is very Old, so i could listen frequencies 800-950. In brasil, you can listen HANDSET Phones (No Cell phones) and Truck radio's in this frequencies, i will buy the new Ht. But what is the best?

af5rn

Ah! Well it would have helped us if you had listed your location in your profile, because things are different in Brasil. You can buy "unlocked" scanners for shipment outside the United States. Not sure which is the "best", as that is a subjective term.

I'm not clear on exactly what you are looking for though. Are you looking for a transceiver, or just a scanner? Are you only going to be monitoring, or do you need a transmitting HT?

I'm pretty sure that Brasil's phone system is like the U.S. system, instead of the GSM standard, so your frequencies would be the same as ours. While you may have a law prohibiting monitoring those frequencies, you can at least still get radios that will do it.

What part of Brasil? I have family from Santos.

diomenezes

Ok my friend, i live in Recife-Pernambuco, i need the new HT because e sold my Th-78A, so i need the new ht like or better then Th-78a. I though, i will buy TH-F6 ou better but i like listten this frequencies 01-999 ou more, because my TH-78a (05.00-950.000).
Do you speak portuguese ?

N8IAA

Ok my friend, i live in Recife-Pernambuco, i need the new HT because e sold my Th-78A, so i need the new ht like or better then Th-78a. I though, i will buy TH-F6 ou better but i like listten this frequencies 01-999 ou more, because my TH-78a (05.00-950.000).
As af5rn has mentioned, you can buy an unlocked scanner to monitor those frequencies. Are you wanting a handheld because you are an amatuer radio op? Then maybe, you need to see what is available in the current european models. These may allow you to use it for ham ops and listen to the other frequecies.
HTH,
Larry

af5rn

I wish, but only Spanish. Luckily, so so my Brasilian relatives!

I searched the Internet to try and find the frequency ranges before and after modification of the current model dual-band handheld transceivers for you. I am sorry that I really could not find anything to tell us which radios would tune into the range you are wanting to tune.

I would write to some amateur radio dealers and ask them if they have a radio they can recommend. Be sure to let them know this is for international export. I bet the export versions of the radios may cover that range.

I would mention that even those 440mhz radios that can receive 800mhz do so very poorly. I had an old Kenwood that would receive the full spectrum of 800mhz, but it had to be a very strong signal. It really was not worth it. A scanner is the better way to go, since you can't transmit on 800 with the radios even if they do receive it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

gabrielddc

Did you buy your new radio?
I live in Brazil and I can help you if you need!

Token

I realize this is an old thread, but for persons in a similar situation what about the Kenwood TH-7E? I believe it is unblocked from .1 to 1300 MHZ and not intended for sale in the US.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.