I wish Feed Owners would check their feeds for any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkescan

I will never understand why feed owners don't check their feeds once a day for any problems.
One feed in Milwaukee County isn't programmed for a rebanded system, or it's a old scanner that can't do rebanded systems, how can they not notice this. Surprised it has listeners. Then there are a few in SE Wisconsin with a lot of crackling and they cut out.

kma371

QRT
I will never understand why feed owners don't check their feeds once a day for any problems.
One feed in Milwaukee County isn't programmed for a rebanded system, or it's a old scanner that can't do rebanded systems, how can they not notice this. Surprised it has listeners. Then there are a few in SE Wisconsin with a lot of crackling and they cut out.

The most likely rely on people reporting a problem than checking everyday. Have you tried to contact them?

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Not only do feed providers get problem reports in their feed owners page, but they also get a copy by email.

I usually notice the email before looking in my feed owners page.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Not only do feed providers get problem reports in their feed owners page, but they also get a copy by email.

I usually notice the email before looking in my feed owners page.

Same here and also check it atleast 3-4 times a week as well.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I never ever check my feed. Way too much trouble. If people care, they will complain to BC and I'll get a notification :)

M

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Same here... the reason I set up my feed to begin with was so I could listen to my village's activity from my work 30 miles away. So I listen several hours a day, and have it going on my iPhone while working around the house or yard.

I check my feed daily and listen to it often, always have.

kf5bti

I haven't listened to my feed 3-4 times in the year its been up. If there is an issue be sure to provide feedback because some of us setup feeds for others not for ourselves. I have scanners running at home and in my truck all the time and don't have the opportunity at work to listen to the feed. When notified of an issue I do my best to resolve it the same day.

delaware74b

I must be on the other end of the spectrum in monitoring my feed. As a former member in the fire service, I listen to it on a daily basis either live from the PC speakers or through Scanner Radio app on my phone. My wife was also active in the EMS sector until she was involved in an accident involving her ambulance that caused her partial disability.

kmi8dy

yada, yada, yada. they want to tell people this is what they do, but don't want to take the responsibility to make sure it's up and running.why should anybody have to tell them that the feed is not working right? it's not there feed! iv'e better things to do than trying to tell someone that there feed is not working. some of them don't care. yada, yada, yada.

Wally46

Feed Provider
I check and listen to my feed everyday. It's always something out of my control when it goes down. Like a power outage or Mediacom Internet going down.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I do check on mine, but I don't need to. Anytime there is an even slight hiccup, I can guarantee at least two emails and one FB message from a friend of mine in Florida who listens.

They're the best feed monitoring service money can't buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.