I wish the BCD536HP had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk

Premium Subscriber
4 line display. I like the 3 line display. Just wish it had another line below that showed the UID.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I wish the x36's had a way to specify an encryption key and algorithm for a P25 channel or talkgroup. :cool:

I really don't see the harm in doing so, since I'd guess that the odds of someone guessing the correct key if they didn't know it would be about the same as the odds of one person winning the powerball, the mega millions, the publisher's clearing house sweepstakes and American Idol all at the same time. It would really only be of value to someone who knows the correct key... or someone who is a really good educated guesser... :twisted:

-AZ

Salvation

Maybe I am misunderstanding but doesn't the BCD536HP have more lines by turning off the 3 Line display? (Hold on a channel then press Function and then press 9?)

Salvation

uzyhumy5.jpg

3 Line display turned off and UID turned on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AC2OY

That's what I see on a trunked system does he want it to flash the frequency back and forth like the 800 does?! I'm sure there is a way to display that as well I just haven't figured it out yet. On my conventional freq's I see it.

blackhawk

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I am misunderstanding but doesn't the BCD536HP have more lines by turning off the 3 Line display? (Hold on a channel then press Function and then press 9?)

I know you can see the UID using non 3 line mode. I just like the three line mode better (it's cleaner and gives more visible characters on the first two lines), but I would also like to see the UID as a 4th line.

Not to get off on a tangent but since you made me bring that up... It's a little odd to me that in non 3 line mode the first two lines have less visible characters while in 3 line mode the third line has less visible characters. It has got to be the font.

Not trying to change the world but that is the only thing that I wish the BCD536HP could do.

SCPD

QRT
Help

uzyhumy5.jpg

3 Line display turned off and UID turned on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How'd
you do that display?

I wish it had Service Search like the 996XT and control channel search.Record channels individually,
Would also like them to make it when you hit MENU it goes to MANAGE FAVORITE LISTS first,so you dont have to wear out the knob.
A variable time delay setting for close call this way when you have it on DND you dont have to be right next to it,also a close call auto store feature would be good.Also a variable attenuator.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I like to see the Freq show up on Trunk system like the 396xt and others have. I have the 536hp only shows data.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
yes actual frequency and blink to control channel like the gre ,that would be nice.

I have the psr800 doesn't show the freq unless you do CC/VC option. I like the 396xt and further back on unidens where it shows the freq and you can see from day to day when they change.

blackmonte

I didn't notice this until I got the 436 but when scanning P25 systems the 536 doesn't show which site the signal is coming from when it's stopped on a transmission. If it's not a stored TGID it just says "unknown" for the site location. This goes either way with or without 3 line display on. BUT on the 436 I noticed it does show the site location when stopped on a transmission. Is there a way to activate this feature on the 536 because I haven't found it? If not I would like to see this in a future FW update for the 536.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I didn't notice this until I got the 436 but when scanning P25 systems the 536 doesn't show which site the signal is coming from when it's stopped on a transmission. If it's not a stored TGID it just says "unknown" for the site location. This goes either way with or without 3 line display on. BUT on the 436 I noticed it does show the site location when stopped on a transmission. Is there a way to activate this feature on the 536 because I haven't found it? If not I would like to see this in a future FW update for the 536.

Is there a way to take a picture of it (436hp) and post on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.