I would like to hear from folks that are satisfied with there SDS200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Is that the GPS from "mancow"?

Oh, I was able to generate a high pitched whine from the radio today. I made some changes to the display settings and some systems in Sentinel. I grabbed a random SD card from my stash and loaded the data onto it. I stuffed that into the radio in my truck and turned on the scanner. While the FLs were loading, I heard a high pitched, but very, very faint whine. In fact, if my ear wasn't within about six inches of the external speaker, I wouldn't have heard it at all. It was there, even more faintly, while the scanner was scanning, but not receiving any signals.

There is no way I could hear it when the engine was running.

When I get a chance, I'm going to swap the original card back in and listen for the whine.

It seems that it might be SD card or maybe processor related. It's no where near as loud as some people have complained about.
Maybe!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SlyFerret

One thing that I don't know if I can do or if I just haven't figured out yet. I'd like to have my conventional display set to "Simple" and my trunked display set to "Detail". I don't see a way to do that, but it's not a big deal.

I haven’t gotten to settings up any conventional frequencies yet. I’d be interested in knowing the answer to this as well.

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ArtU

I will love mine again, once I get a new one with a screen that looks again like in these posts. It is the best Simulcast P25 receiver I have heard in the scanner lines in my location that is between 3 towers; not counting Moto or Unication commercial units.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
my first scanner in 25 years ,i been running a unication pager for a while but this thing is awesome no issues at all with mine ,only thing i set up is my simulcast p25 sites and it works as good as the gf , been learning how to program my favorites lists and playing with the settings so far so good only thing is i cant get the weather channel at all or barley in my base location so going to get somekind of antenna for outside , but havent even got into the low bands yet so i will learn with time :)

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely love the SDS200.

Was not happy with SDS-100 and returned it after trying to like it.

The SDS-200 receives great !! The Display is the best I have ever seen on a scanner. Love the Size and GPS with no power required for the antenna for GPS. Very Very happy I got the SDS-200.

Not sure about the hum issue...I don't hear it. Again very happy at this point !!

wbswetnam

I like the display of GPS coordinates instead of just a "GPS" icon on the display, like the 536HP. It's pretty and all, but still, I'm going to wait for 1) potential problems to appear, and be dealt with; and 2) the SDS200 to go on sale. Simulcast is not a problem in my area so I am content for now with my 436 and 536.

cxgy2

Amazing display. Amazing customizing options. Recording capability. Decent sensitivity. Unit ID re-naming. Discovery mode. All the digital protocols you'd need. Great editing software. I love mine. It's made scanner-listening fun again!

Status
Not open for further replies.