I wrote a program called scanner screen for uniden scanners I would like to add whistler scanners

Ubbe

It times out after 3 sec and the showmessage box says "no response received" and then the result box says "Failed to send command for model number".

It doesn't seem to progress as far as to the debug functions.

When I commented out a lot of stuff it was all that extra checks that the second character received must be the command echoed back and pretty much all those checksums and checks of the length of received data and pretty much the only thing left where to send a command and then just receive everything regardless of how it looked.

/Ubbe

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
It times out after 3 sec and the showmessage box says "no response received" and then the result box says "Failed to send command for model number".

It doesn't seem to progress as far as to the debug functions.

When I commented out a lot of stuff it was all that extra checks that the second character received must be the command echoed back and pretty much all those checksums and checks of the length of received data and pretty much the only thing left where to send a command and then just receive everything regardless of how it looked.

/Ubbe
Thanks Maybe I can find an old trx-1 that someone locally can lone me for a few days.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Try the latest version added some debug statements to try to caputer things.
Did a sum and $ff as stated buy the manual on the checksum
1.p

Top 2 lines were from Get Model, bottom line from Get Channel (while TG was active)

2.JPG

Second try...info in here is NOT correct...

2.JPG

But couldn't reproduce..
3.JPG

Last edited:

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
OKay try 1.q you can select how the checksum is calculated try both ones please

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Did you change RecvString to RecvPacket as otherwise I can't see any valid data being received.

/Ubbe
Can you try the latest wistler test.
And post the results here of the debug statements.
And both different checksums

Thank you

Ubbe

1q gets no response. It's identical result for sum or not.

Sent Debug: [0256000359 : V
Sent Text: [V
Failed to send command for model number

Sent Debug: [02610364 : ad]
Sent Text: [ad]
Failed to send command for channel info

When I copy the result to Notepad I can also see graphical representative of some characters:

1714411066107.png

/Ubbe