IBM Poughkeepsie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmurphy78

I saw a very old thread that talked about IBM emergency response leaving 800 mhz and going to DMR.

Anyone have any more details?

nozzlenut83

I thought someone had submitted this to the database years ago but I can't find it.

IBM Poughkeepsie Emergency Control uses one frequency DMR with about 5 talkgroups.

The old UHF frequency is the place to find them.
462.3250, CC 1

The most frequently used talkgroups are:
101 - Security (Slot 1)
102 - E/C (Slot 2)

Emergency Control and Security are the same people (500 series Radio IDs, Control Center=Base 2) and they often use the 2 talkgroups interchangeably.

They have a few other, seldom used talkgroups as well:
Emergency
Fireground
Haz-Mat

Not sure about talkgroup ids or slot numbers, but given that the channel lineup in the radio is Emergency, Security, E/C, Fireground, Haz-Mat, I would assume:
100 - Emergency
101 - Security, Slot 1 (Confirmed)
102 - E/C, Slot 2 (Confirmed)
103 - Fireground
104 - Haz-Mat

The radios contain UHF conventional channels for Dutchess 911, City 911 and Arlington FD

I'm not sure about the 800MHz EDACS system. I think it is still on the air, but I haven't been in the area to take a listen.

Bob1955

I thought someone had submitted this to the database years ago but I can't find it.

IBM Poughkeepsie Emergency Control uses one frequency DMR with about 5 talkgroups.

The old UHF frequency is the place to find them.
462.3250, CC 1

The most frequently used talkgroups are:
101 - Security (Slot 1)
102 - E/C (Slot 2)

Emergency Control and Security are the same people (500 series Radio IDs, Control Center=Base 2) and they often use the 2 talkgroups interchangeably.

They have a few other, seldom used talkgroups as well:
Emergency
Fireground
Haz-Mat

Not sure about talkgroup ids or slot numbers, but given that the channel lineup in the radio is Emergency, Security, E/C, Fireground, Haz-Mat, I would assume:
100 - Emergency
101 - Security, Slot 1 (Confirmed)
102 - E/C, Slot 2 (Confirmed)
103 - Fireground
104 - Haz-Mat

The radios contain UHF conventional channels for Dutchess 911, City 911 and Arlington FD

I'm not sure about the 800MHz EDACS system. I think it is still on the air, but I haven't been in the area to take a listen.
Who would want to monitor that stuff-how boring!!

Bob1955

Being they run their own Fire Brigade and are hazmat techs, you're probably right its boring unlike your buddies scan falling off the balcony
62Truck, "He" didn't fall of the balcony, when he went to pick up his iPad, his Bearcat BC-125 AT feel off his terrace. He had a Diamond RH-77CA 15" long all band 25-512Mhz rubber duck on it so without that, it MIGHT of not happened. The handheld scanner was TOP HEAVY.
I had no idea that IBM runs their own Fire Brigade and are hazmat techs too. NO reason to be a "smart ass" here. I'm a nice guy and help numerous members here so with that being said, you have a safe weekend and stay cool.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Who would want to monitor that stuff-how boring!!
To each their own. Everyone can scan what they like.
62Truck, "He" didn't fall of the balcony, when he went to pick up his iPad, his Bearcat BC-125 AT feel off his terrace. He had a Diamond RH-77CA 15" long all band 25-512Mhz rubber duck on it so without that, it MIGHT of not happened. The handheld scanner was TOP HEAVY.
I had no idea that IBM runs their own Fire Brigade and are hazmat techs too. NO reason to be a "smart ass" here. I'm a nice guy and help numerous members here so with that being said, you have a safe weekend and stay cool.
I thought it was clear he meant your buddy's scanner, even with the typo.

Your initial response came off a bit rough, as to put down what others scan. Unfortunately, we don't have the value of body language in written form.

Bob1955

To each their own. Everyone can scan what they like.
I thought it was clear he meant your buddy's scanner, even with the typo.

Your initial response came off a bit rough, as to put down what others scan. Unfortunately, we don't have the value of body language in written form.
I'm not really rough, I just don't care for "some" of the nerds on here, it's NOT you sir.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Im nowhere close enough to receive but in 2015 the 800 system under IBM in dutchess county WPMD436 added DMR emissions to the license

For me, I like to investigate the FCC databases and scanning, a hobby a weird thing to outsiders I like to receive whatever radio waves pass thru my domicile wherever they originate and experiment with radios or software, all my radios are commercial P25/DMR, I dont own a scanner other than an SDR which to me is more amazing than a conventional scanner. If I lived in the city my window would be open listening to conversations on the street. A nosey busybody I suppose, and there's worse detrimental hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.