• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ic 4021 and 4011

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
at work we use kenwoods (not sure about the model number) and there 2 watts. but anyway a few months ago i programmed my 4011 for 452.5375 narrowband. recently i kept being told my voice was always low and no matter if people turned up the volume on their radio they had a hard time hearing me. so i stopped using my radio at work.

now i just picked up a 4021t. programmed it the same way and the first person to tell me how i sounded said i needed to turn the volume down on my radio. few hours later i got told i needed to speak louder. asked the person when i saw them if they also heard static to which she said no.

ive never had a problem with my radios till the narrowbanding went into effect so could that be the issue? i dont have the software or programming cable to check work radios for narrowbanding or ability to talk to the company that supplied us with the radios

thanks

cabletech

A dollor to a donut plus two choclot chip cookies, tells me that more then likely your work radios have NOT been correctly set for the narrow band, as, if you know for sure that your Icoms are correctly set for narrow band, then there should be no problem.

I have a couple of systems that I listen to and also work with, that have a real mix of equipment, Icom, Kenwood Motorola and Vertex all in the same system and their is no complaints about audio.

See if you can find out if the company radios have truely been narrow banded.

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
just programmed my radio with a second channel just for wide but i found it strange how one person said i was low which i know could be because i put it into narrow but why would someone else say to turn it down? weird. i forgot to mention that my 4011 is over 2 years old but guess tonight ill find out if the work stufff is wide band or not

Status
Not open for further replies.