Icom: IC-7100 DPL on TX only?

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have an IC-7100 and am trying to program it for a local simplex frequency that I want to use a DPL code on TX only while receiving in CSQ.

I can get it set up to transmit and receive in DPL but cannot find a way to have it transmit only. Has anyone found a way?

Thanks!

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I can get it set up to transmit and receive in DPL but cannot find a way to have it transmit only. Has anyone found a way?
How are you programming the radio (via keyboard or software)?

Some radios won't allow DPL + CSQ--only DPL TX/RX. RTFM or a call Icom tech support might be the most efficient solution.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I tried with RT Systems as well as from the keypad. I also went thru the radio and software manuals, I would not have needed to ask here had I not. There seemed to be a way in the RT Systems software but that turned out to be an error in it, I contacted RT support and they verified that and will update the software to correct that error.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The Icom CS-7100 is actually a paid software, the only free stuff is the updater.

I already have the RT Systems program.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
So the 7100 isn't like the 9700 that allows different tones on RX and TX? Or am I reading incorrectly? I'm very interested in this issue, as I'm roughly debating swapping a FT891 for a IC7100 due to the need to do split tones and variable offsets in 6 meters, but if your problem is what I think it is, the IC7100 isn't any better.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The 7100 will do split PL codes but not DPL codes. It will do CSQ Receive and PL Transmit but not CSQ Receive and DPL TX. If a DPL code is programmed it is set for transmit and receive.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
The 7100 will do split PL codes but not DPL codes. It will do CSQ Receive and PL Transmit but not CSQ Receive and DPL TX. If a DPL code is programmed it is set for transmit and receive.
Thanks for the more in-depth description. Have you reached out to Icom to see if its a bug in firmware, or something they can correct in a future update?

N9JIG

Sheriff
Thanks for the more in-depth description. Have you reached out to Icom to see if its a bug in firmware, or something they can correct in a future update?
I contacted Support and they say it cannot be done and cannot be added via firmware.

Oh well...

Last edited: