Icom: IC-7100 Signal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

loiclam212

I have an IC-7100 the out side dial is setup for rf/sql but I don't understand why when I turn the outside dial to the left to reduce the gain I have more signal bars up to to 60db.
I live downtown Manhattan NY and I have a MFJ 2389 on the roof with a LDG IT-100 tuner. I have not been able to get any station in HF. The VHF/UHF is working but same thing when I turn the gain down the signal strength has mores bars..
Thank you in advance

prcguy

When you turn the knob to the left you are engaging the RF gain and as the receiver sensitivity gets turned down the meter goes up to roughly indicate the minimum receive level you would be able to hear. You can sort of look at normal receive levels with the RF gain at 12 O'clock, then turn the knob to the left so the meter reads just below the average signal levels you were getting and now the receiver will be very quiet but still receive the same signals. Weaker signals may not be heard at that point.

I have an IC-7100 the out side dial is setup for rf/sql but I don't understand why when I turn the outside dial to the left to reduce the gain I have more signal bars up to to 60db.
I live downtown Manhattan NY and I have a MFJ 2389 on the roof with a LDG IT-100 tuner. I have not been able to get any station in HF. The VHF/UHF is working but same thing when I turn the gain down the signal strength has mores bars..
Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.