Icom: IC-7100: When scanning (SEL-MEMO scan, in particular), is there a way to occasionally check calling-freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KL4JC

I'd like to avoid programming calling frequencies into each and every memory-bank — turning each 99-slot bank into a 97-slot bank; but I want my radio (which is usually scanning the known repeaters for a given area that I'm travelling in) to *also* tune past the calling-freqs occasionally, as well.

Is there anything like a 'watch' mode that occasionally stops whatever the radio's currently listening to and checks the calling frequencies? Or a way to "SEL" the calling-freq the way you can SEL other MEMO entries?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
There is a Priority Scan described on page 12-16 of the Full Manual, but it appears that you can only have one priority channel.

KL4JC

This is, unfortunately, the precise opposite of what I want — I'd like the same frequency to be in *every* scanning-bank, without having to duplicate the entries.

Doesn't sound like it's really possible, sadly. /=

prcguy

Sorry the radio does not fit your needs. I'll offer you $500 cash for your it so you can get something that might work.

This is, unfortunately, the precise opposite of what I want — I'd like the same frequency to be in *every* scanning-bank, without having to duplicate the entries.

Doesn't sound like it's really possible, sadly. /=

Status
Not open for further replies.