• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-F2721D MDC1200 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam55671

Premium Subscriber
I have a F2721D Mobile radio, and when I was programming it, I could not find where to set up MDC ID. Does anyone know where it is in the software? The Radio Specs show that the IC-F2721D does do MDC1200.

Thanks

12dbsinad

Its on the left menu tab labeled as "MDC", a pull down menu. It sounds as though you have old version software, which didn't have it. Originally these did not do MDC, this was added later and was available on older radios with a firmware flash and a newer version software that added MDC.

What version is your software, and what version firmware is installed in the radio? If you hook up radio to programming cable then select clone then information.

sam55671

Premium Subscriber
Its on the left menu tab labeled as "MDC", a pull down menu. It sounds as though you have old version software, which didn't have it. Originally these did not do MDC, this was added later and was available on older radios with a firmware flash and a newer version software that added MDC.

What version is your software, and what version firmware is installed in the radio? If you hook up radio to programming cable then select clone then information.
Here is what the info says:
Revision: 3.0
Sum: $60C4
Option: P25 On Board(Rev:2.8)

I am using software version 2.0

Last edited:

12dbsinad

Your radio firmware is relatively new, so that's good.

The software is old. I opened up my 2.0 to confirm and no MDC. You need updated software, latest is 2.2 and that's what I would try to find.

sam55671

Premium Subscriber

The software is old. I opened up my 2.0 to confirm and no MDC. You need updated software, latest is 2.2 and that's what I would try to find.
Yeah, I have been trying to Locate V2.2 but haven't had any luck. Can you point me to the right direction?

12dbsinad

I get all my software from my local dealer. They order a factory CD for me so I have a legit copy. Other than that, not sure...

sam55671

Premium Subscriber
I get all my software from my local dealer. They order a factory CD for me so I have a legit copy. Other than that, not sure...
I have a key for 2.2 but I dont have the actual file. Would you be willing to send me the .EXE file to my email for 2.2?

sam55671

Premium Subscriber

I located a copy of 2.2, would you be willing to help me set up the MDC Chirp on my radio? I tried to do it but It is not working for me. ( I am a Motorola Guy, This is my first Icom)

Status
Not open for further replies.