• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-F30GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kranky3899

Premium Subscriber
I bought a bran new icom IC-F30GS from a retailer. They screwed up the frequencies i sent them when they loaded them. I now have the software and cable to do it myself but can't get it to work. Anyone have any ideas?

stmills

What type of problem- can't run the software , can't connect to the radio, can't write to the radio?
I may have a programming manual on pdf- will have to look

kranky3899

Premium Subscriber
icom ic-F30GS

The drivers load fine but everytime i try to clone or read the radio it tells me it cannot comunicate with the radio. The radio is turned on, The cable is connecyed and the port is correct. I just can't get it to work.

kranky3899

Premium Subscriber
icom cable

ExpertPower® USB Programming Cable for Icom IC-F30GS ICF30GT IC-F3061 IC-F3062SN IC-F3062TN IC-F31GS IC-F31GT IC-F40GS IC-F40GT IC-F4061 IC-F4062S IC

This is the cable i'm using. It's a USB cable. It connects to the radio same place as the microphone does.

stmills

I have seen the official icom cables sold with USB, but I also found a site selling the cs 30-USB software - not sure if you need a special version to run USB. I am using a Kawamall serial cable - after major problems getting a USB cable for a similar age Yaesu/Vertex radio to recognize the radio, I went back to serial for all my radios.

kranky3899

Premium Subscriber
icim

I have the driver for the cable and the program to clone and program the radio but i just can't get it to work. I was to;d last night that i need windows 98 to use it all correctly. Maybe i will look into a different cable. Thank you for your help.

cabletech

Plug the cable into a USB port, then go to the device manager under computer properties, click on hardware>device manager>com ports and see what port the cable is assigned too.

If the cable is assigned to a port higher then 4 or NOT SHOWN at all, you need to do one or both of a couple of things.

If the cable is shown but on a high port number, you need to reassign it to port 2, 3, 4 and MAYBE 5 as the program does not like to work on ports over 5.

If the cable is not showing at all, then you do not have the driver loaded. Go to proflic.com and down load PL2303 and load it.

Then recheck you port assignment.

As for the Windows, you do not need to use 98, the program works just fine on XP, Vista and 7 but do not try on 8.

kranky3899

Premium Subscriber
icom ic-F30GS

I already did everything you just told me to do. It still doesn't work but thank you anyway. Would it have anything to do with the port speed or any of the other options?

kranky3899

Premium Subscriber
icom ic-F30GS

I just tried it again with windows 7. Device manager say's it is working properly and is set to com 1. When i try the program it tells it "Cannot communicate with receiver".

cabletech

Does your computer have a serial port? If it does, that is com 1 and the USB ports will be 2 thru whatever.

As the program does not automatically select your comm port your need to figure it out.

If you are using a USB cable then you need to have the port assigned 2 or better, then once you have the port figured out, you need to go to the top of the program and click on COMM PORT and select the correct port.

You do not need to change any port speed or settings. Once the connection is made it will auto set.

Once you do that, then try and READ the radio.

If that works, then the next time you open the program it should still be on the same port and it not cause any problems.

kranky3899

Premium Subscriber
icom ic-F30GS

I have tried it with the USB cable from Com 2 and up and all it tells me is " cannot connect to tranceiver".

kranky3899

Premium Subscriber
Icom

I just put Windows XP on an old laptop i have and this program doesn't work with XP either. Anyone have any other ideas?

cabletech

At this point in time, I would say that 1) the computer is just fine. 2) Bad software, 3) bad cable 4) even bad radio.

I know this is not going to set well, but need to narrow the problem.

So, lets start with the radio, so you say brand new. Is the retailer local? Take it to them and have them try reading it.

Where did you get the cable and software?

You may have a old or bad copy.

A lot of dealers will also work with you to get the program working, have you asked them?

Yesterday I just did 500 F30gs for my local milatary unit (with help) and we used both an XPsp3 and a Vista computer with not problems.

This program defentally does not play well with Win ME, 7/8

fao110

not sure if this will apply to icom.
but do you have a key pad lock function on youre radio if you do is the key pad locked?
ran into that on a radio of mine had to unlock the key pad to read the radio.

kranky3899

Premium Subscriber
Icom

I bought the radio on the internet. I sent the California company the Frequencies and they didn't program it right. I bought the software and cable on Ebay but also contacted icom who gave me a link to download the software. So right now i am gonna assume that the cable i am useing is not working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.