• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-F43TR: Programming A System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to "scan" a particular system in my area that is using LTR Standard. I have the F43TR radio. Question is, I have the software (CS-F43TR) but how the heck do you program a system on this thing?

In particular I am looking to program Bexar County Protective Services. I have all the info from RadioReference but not sure how to plug everything in correctly.

Anyone ever program an LTR Standard system on these things that can give me a hand?

Below is the attachment from RadioReference regarding the system which lists the TGID's. I've also attached the Repeater (Site) page.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58e55ad0df5bf/7546-trs-7273.pdf
8d33ab4df7ec6e8a9bf2ee98342ab16b.jpg

Michael-SATX

Hmm, like they coined a similar phrase in the old classic 1980 Urban Cowboy Movie ...
Maybe you have been "Looking for Help in all the wrong places" ;) Did you ever get help ?
I have the same model radio and just was thread digging and saw your 7 month old post !

As far as monitoring the BCPS (Bexar County Protective Services) and Lawman Security,
Back in about late June 2017 Airwave Radio shutdown their downtown LTR (112 E Pecan St)
I spoke with the Airwave CEO Fred Hurst on 7/5/2017 and I brought up in conversation that
I noticed his LTR downtown site was only functioning on 1-CH the LCN#9 464.0750 Home Repeater
The other 3 Freqs for LCN#10,LCN#14 & LCN#17 were no longer mapping to his downtown system.
I remember he explained I think that his lease situation had changed and he was going to either move
or figure out something else to handle his 3 downtown customers. I recall another LTR provider
told me most radio providers moved away from the 112 E Pecan rooftop down due to sky high rent
and not to mention they had a fire that I believe may have even damaged the rooftop radio room ?
Most other providers like S & P and Ind. Comm. have sites at 101 Bowie St Marriott River Center.
I told Fred I noticed his STA type FCC License at 8023 Vantage IH10 & Callahan atop the former KCI tower
and he said it's a possible future option. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQZN832
I see Airwave is using their 464.0000 in encrypted DMR mode to beam out to or link their other towers.
I did not believe his downtown based LTR handheld customers at CHCS, Lawman and BCPS were
just magically reaching the NE IH35N Queens Crown or NW Leon Springs LTR sites without "help" ;)
I received BCPS handhelds downtown sure enough transmitting on the old LCN#9 Input freq of 469.0750
and output of 464.0750 as well as the 464.0000 DMR encrypted backbone. However as the BCPS security guard
talked on his ICOM IC-F43TR radio at Hemisphere Park I was receiving his TG simulcast on both far away LTR sites.
So chalk up it up to Fred and or his radio tech for employing some clever means to service his valued customers !
Did Airwave perhaps install a clever custom internet based or backbone repeater box for each downtown customer ?

Dead Downtown Pecan LTR site: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7273
Active NW Leon Springs LTR site: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5093
Active NE Queens Crown LTR site: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5093

Well Cowboy ~ if you didn't already find any help in all the right places - please let me know :)

btw ~ Do you also have the programing cable ? I have both the Serial and USB version of cables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.