• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-F5022 programming

filth

Hello,

does anyone know anything about this radio?
I bought it used, however, I do not get on.

After switching it on, there is only a "1" in the display, the arrow keys
don't seem to change anything, I can't select a frequency.

With the key combination P0 arrow up - On I get into the dealer menu
and with the default password I get to the "Setmode" display. There is then
but also the end. None of the keys has an effect, only P4 changes the display to "Clone 1".
the display changes to "Clone 1

Basically what I want to do, is to be able to dial in frequencies (or store them to a specific channels) and be able to run auto-scan.

Help!

Thanks!

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
The 5022 is a commercial VHF LMR radio. You need programming software and a cable to add or change frequencies. There is no way to "dial" in frequencies. Its not a ham radio nor a scanner. This radio will not so what your asking.

hill

Premium Subscriber
You most likely need a cable and software made for this radio to program it.

Commercial radios radios mostly use software to program, as the end users don't really have any need to chsnge them. Some radios can have some crude on the fly front panel programmming capability.

I will standby and await a Icom expert, since mainly do Kenwood radios.

filth

The 5022 is a commercial VHF LMR radio. You need programming software and a cable to add or change frequencies. There is no way to "dial" in frequencies. Its not a ham radio nor a scanner. This radio will not so what your asking.

Thanks!
I have a list of frequencies that I would like to dial in - this radio is intended to be used in Iceland in a 4x4 Truck. I could get the programming cable and the software, so I could put in my channels - but are you sure there is no scan mode? The user manual refers to a scan mode that can be activated.

Also I am referring to this video I found:

As stated, I can enter the setmode menu but from there what he is doing doesnt work on mine.

In case it is relevant:
This is the list of the frequencies:

1676208989824.png

Last edited:

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
SCAN in an ICOM radio will scan the channel programmed into the radio. So you need to order the ICOM programming cable and ICOM software to program it. Then you can set scan for the channels you want to scan.

■ PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE AND CABLE CS-F5020: Programming software. OPC-1122U: Programming cable. (USB type)

filth

Are there any alternatives that are worth looking at? Specifically in order to be able to program the frequencies from the list above and to be able to scan? The screenshot is from a RT95, which seems to be ok but the scanning is very slow with just 2 frequencies/second

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Not really. Its a COMMERCIAL radio. They require software and cables.

Radios scan slow. A CCR radio is worse. If you want to scan a lot of channels fast a scanner is what you want. The more you scan the slower the scan on a commercial radio.

hill

Premium Subscriber
To post farther for farher information. Many users of commercial radios don't scan, but stay on a single frequency, so as not to miss any calls on their primary one.

If they do use scan it's only a few frequencies and not a big scan list like people do with scanners.

The good thing about using scan on these radios is you can configure the talkback channel to be on your selected channel, so always transmit on the primary one.

filth

This thread already helped me a lot.
I searched the pinout of the programming cable and welded me one - I had a USB TTL converter at home.

Now I am able to program the radio with the ICOM Software. Could someone help me understand all the settings in the channel selection list or point me to a documentation?

Compared to the screenshot of the RT95 I posted above, the ICOM has much more settings which are overwhelming me. On the screenshot I tried to program the Channel 1 and 17 from my screenshot. Did I make any obvious mistakes?

1676226832024.png

1676226854775.png

Stoneworld

This thread already helped me a lot.
I searched the pinout of the programming cable and welded me one - I had a USB TTL converter at home.

Now I am able to program the radio with the ICOM Software. Could someone help me understand all the settings in the channel selection list or point me to a documentation?

Compared to the screenshot of the RT95 I posted above, the ICOM has much more settings which are overwhelming me. On the screenshot I tried to program the Channel 1 and 17 from my screenshot. Did I make any obvious mistakes?

View attachment 136281

View attachment 136282
Looks ok from a fellow Icom user. I don’t know this model but the software is all very similar and your frequency’s look ok. Not sure what is in the 5tone bit. I have never used it for my radios.