• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-F5062 RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

matti90

Hi,

I have some questions about this radios. I have a repeater build from two IC-F5062 radios with DB25 port on the back. Can i use RS232 port bouild in this radio to change channel? I already done 5-tone decoder, but i don't know what commands send by RS232 will work for channel change. So, can someone have a commands list work with IC-F5062? Or maybe is a different way to do that?

Thanks, Matthias

Frederific

Hi Matthias,

The short (but frustrating!) answer is YES, it can be done, but you're going to struggle to find out how.

Icom PC CMD V2 protocol lets you control pretty much every function of the transceiver through the RS232 interface, including channel change, control of TX/Audible states, output of RSSI/ID/Talkgroup etc. Unfortunately, the protocol is only available from Icom themselves, under an NDA (and hasn't been leaked anywhere as far as I can tell).

There's details online explaining how to set up Hyperterm to connect, and giving a couple of example commands, so you may be able to work it out yourself, but other than that you're relying on Icom I think!

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Freddie

matti90

Hi Freddie!

Thanks for your answer. I find out some informations on internet about that Hyperterm connect, but commands from this site is not working, because PC CMD V2 protocol using different commands. I find also informations about NDA from Icom.

Anyway, i already have fully working repeater controller build on my own. You can simple send 5-tone signal with channel you want to use and controller will change channel on the output radio by RS232. Is working with two F-5062 radios, but propably will work with all radios using PC CMD V2.

Matthias

Status
Not open for further replies.