• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-F9011

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz1151

I have an Icom F9011 with programmer and cables. What I hold like some help on how to program the radio for amateur 2m frequencys as well. I have put the freqs into the radio. However when I use it no one can hear me and I. can't hear my self on my other radio nor can this radio hear me from my FT-60 radio. Any help would be great thanks

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
As the F9011 is in Icom's land mobile line, not their amateur line, thread has been moved to the Icom Land Mobile Radio forum.

stevelton

Kind of a high end radio for 2m ham use.

Some problems with programming will either be the transmit frequency is not correct, or the "C.Tone", aka PL tone setting is not set correctly.
Check to see if the frequency or repeater you are trying to access uses a PL tone, and enter that in the TX column under the C.Tone label on the main channel programming window.
Also, these radios dont have an auto repeater shift like most ham radios. You will have to enter the needed transmit frequency separate from the receive frequency.
Also, these check to make sure the channel is set for Analog operation if you are using a normal analog repeater.

Steven

taz1151

Thank you for your help Steven. I do have the TX and RX with PL Tone program right, however I think it is not set to Analog operation. I will check that when I get back to my equipment on Saterday night. It is a high end radio, however I like to work with FEMA and Red Cross when they need help and this radio is FEMA approve so when I'm out there I still want to talk with my 2m friends. Thanks Again

KK4CBC
Ronald

taz1151

IC- 9011 Help

OK my new issue is that evey time I but in a RX and a different TR freq I can not send a call, however I can hear calls. If I put in the same RX/TX with a C-Tone it works great. Any help would be great thanks

rapidcharger

OK my new issue is that evey time I but in a RX and a different TR freq I can not send a call, however I can hear calls. If I put in the same RX/TX with a C-Tone it works great. Any help would be great thanks

If by "calls" you mean a voice transmission, what is happening to prevent you from "sending a call?"
I take it you are attempting to use in analog

taz1151

Yes by calls I do mean transmitting. Yes I am using analog. I am trying to use this radio for 2m band as well as other things. Like I posted if I put in the same tx/rx with a PL Tone or C Tone I can talk to my other ham radio, however if I have to go through a repeater with or without a C Tone it will not go through.

rapidcharger

Yes by calls I do mean transmitting. Yes I am using analog. I am trying to use this radio for 2m band as well as other things. Like I posted if I put in the same tx/rx with a PL Tone or C Tone I can talk to my other ham radio, however if I have to go through a repeater with or without a C Tone it will not go through.

I don't know what your experience level is so forgive me if my troubleshooting solutions sound too elementary but I'm starting with the basics....

1.) Have you tried another portable through the repeater to make sure you would get in to the repeater from any portable at your location?

2.) Did you double check your math on the input frequency?

3.) Did you adjust the squelch level on the 9011 to allow for what might be a weaker signal coming from the repeater than from the other ham radio?

4.) Are you sure the repeater is using the same tone for both TX and RX?

5.) Have you tried listening in carrier squelch? Hopefully you set up a PF button for monitor.

6.) Are you sure the other radio you're using to tell if you're getting into the repeater is not being desensed by your transmitting on the 9011?

taz1151

I don't know what your experience level is so forgive me if my troubleshooting solutions sound too elementary but I'm starting with the basics....

1.) Have you tried another portable through the repeater to make sure you would get in to the repeater from any portable at your location?

2.) Did you double check your math on the input frequency?

3.) Did you adjust the squelch level on the 9011 to allow for what might be a weaker signal coming from the repeater than from the other ham radio?

4.) Are you sure the repeater is using the same tone for both TX and RX?

5.) Have you tried listening in carrier squelch? Hopefully you set up a PF button for monitor.

6.) Are you sure the other radio you're using to tell if you're getting into the repeater is not being desensed by your transmitting on the 9011?

Yes I the math is right the other radio works the repeater is using the same PL Tone and I have the monitor on and still a no go. The only thing I changed was the squelch lv to 0. I have even tried other repeaters in the area with no luck.

rapidcharger

Yes I the math is right the other radio works the repeater is using the same PL Tone and I have the monitor on and still a no go. The only thing I changed was the squelch lv to 0. I have even tried other repeaters in the area with no luck.

So the 9011 wont work on ANY repeaters then.
Can you post some screen shots of your programming?

taz1151

Thank you for all your help

So the 9011 wont work on ANY repeaters then.
Can you post some screen shots of your programming?

OK I flashed the firmware of the radio and now it works. If I would of thought of that earlier that is what I would of done. Something so simple make all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.