IC-R1500 and Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Air490

Greetings all,
I have just upgraded my desktop to a system running Windows 7 64bit, which means the PCR software will no longer run. To get around this I have been trying to get my IC-R1500 to run on a netbook with Vista 32bit.

Here is where the problem arises. Everything loads up fine, however the PC does not recognise the receiver. I have tried the same set up with TrunkPCR and it recognises the receiver straight away.

Can anyone give me any ideas before I go mad...:mad:

gbriden

I am having a very similar issue I upgraded from Vista ( working fine ) to Windows 7. For me program loads fine but when I start clicking on the Software it frezzes ??? As for your issue Under Vista I just made sure I was running the siftware in ADMIN mode also under vista I had to run the USB cable direct to the system for some reason it would NOT work if I tried using a USB Hub at all.

rjp3637

IR-C1500 and Vista

Check the Coming Soon... website, under support section they have a new version of the software for both the 1500 and 2500 that contains the drivers for Vista. I think it's version 2.1 but I'm not certain. I just downloaded and updated the program and drivers and it works fine with Vista on my home computer.

Greetings all,
I have just upgraded my desktop to a system running Windows 7 64bit, which means the PCR software will no longer run. To get around this I have been trying to get my IC-R1500 to run on a netbook with Vista 32bit.

Here is where the problem arises. Everything loads up fine, however the PC does not recognise the receiver. I have tried the same set up with TrunkPCR and it recognises the receiver straight away.

Can anyone give me any ideas before I go mad...:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Air490

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I am using V2.1, which is Vista compatiable, but still no joy. I think the issue may be the Atom processor on the netbook. Looks like I will have to get a system runnig XP to solve the problem.

luding2288

Premium Subscriber
I am having a very similar issue I upgraded from Vista ( working fine ) to Windows 7. For me program loads fine but when I start clicking on the Software it frezzes ??? As for your issue Under Vista I just made sure I was running the siftware in ADMIN mode also under vista I had to run the USB cable direct to the system for some reason it would NOT work if I tried using a USB Hub at all.

I had the same problems when I tried running the PCR1500 through windows 7. I hope they come up with a fix soon. When I run it through Vista everything works great.

luding2288

Premium Subscriber
Response From Icom

I just wanted to add this to the thread for fellow Icom users. I was actually shocked they got back to me within a day. But this is in response to software issues with Win 7, but It may apply to Vista as well.

""ICOM America has not received any time frame for WD 7 software. Typically new firmware and software is listed to the Global WEB site first so you might want to save to your Favorites and check the following link. http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/index.html""

Again this is part of a response I got from Icom when I asked them about software updates.

teo127

I have the same problem with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and an Icom IC R-1500 for this reason I invite all those who have the same problem of going to the site of ICOM in the contact section and report the problem by sending an e-mail so that the scripts are aware of the many people who have this problem and will release new drivers that will work for us.

Air490

The problem I struck with W7 was that the PCR1500 software won't run at all on 64-bit machines. That was why I tried Vista. In the end I gave up and bought a used XP PC to run all my scanner software on.

teo127

I understand but I can not go back to XP to icom may also decide not to rewrite all the drivers but only a patch would be even easier.

lroig

Hi all,

I'm stuck with the same problem with W7 Pro, 32 bits, and can't use the suggested trick to upgrade to firmware 2.1 'cause PCR 1500 and W7 doesn't communicate each other... :(

By the way, how can I know which version is my firmware if they do not communicate?

TIA

Pape

Premium Subscriber
well the biggest issue I get in vista is the usb to com converter. if you poke around you can download a new version for the original supplier (silicon Laboratories).

lroig

Thank you so much Pape!

I've just downloaded the latest driver version which is supossed to run under W 7

I'll do a new try tonight.

Cheers!

lroig

Running bcdedit

Hi all, again ;)

In the wiki,radioreference there's an article dedicated to Running the PCR1500 under Windows7.

In this article, a reference to "Icom knowledge base article" is made, but the link seems to be broken and it do not open any link anymore. :(

I'll appreciate if anyone could point me to the refered instructions to run the advice:

"Run the bcdedit.exe commands from this Icom knowledge base article. As the article states, the key is disabling the integrity checks for the drivers to load and run the USB port. It is important to run the bcdedit.exe command to disable integrity checks in a command prompt window so that you can see if it ran successfully. Again, follow the knowledge base article instructions carefully and it should work without any problems."

key2_altfire

Vista will only allow installation of "signed" drivers. There is a workaround though. You can temporarily disable integrity checks and it will allow the Icom driver to install and run.

A few resources that helped me:

How To: Disable Driver Integrity Checks on Windows Vista x64
Running the PCR1500 in Windows7 - The RadioReference Wiki
SG FAQ :: How to disable driver signing (integrity checks) in Vista 64 / Server 2008 x64 ?
unsigned drivers - Vista Forums

I used the trick in the first link and it worked fine on the first try. The only issue is that with the radio plugged into the USB port my sound card stops working.

BTW I'm running Windows 7 32 bit.

lroig

I used the trick in the first link and it worked fine on the first try. The only issue is that with the radio plugged into the USB port my sound card stops working.

BTW I'm running Windows 7 32 bit.

:) :) :D

Thank you key2_altfire. That sounds sound ;)

The sound trough PC is not an issue in my case: I use an external speaker...

Thank you very very much!

73's

Status
Not open for further replies.