IC-R20 ~ accessories question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telemetry

Premium Subscriber
Greetings folks, I didn't know where to post this... since it's my first thread here. Could have been in introductions or model specific forums, guess it's the same either way. Mods feel free to move if necessary.

Here's the deal:
I just recently bought a used Icom R20 receiver from ebay, since my trusty R1 was unfixable... long story there. Anyways, upon testing it, the unit works really good... I'm very satisfied with it but I need some input/advice from the Icom gurus here.

This radio came with:
1 Lithium battery pack, which holds a charge great!
Wall wart adapter for charging.
Telescoping antenna (I think this is not original though, as it does not have the double foldover joints)

Things missing... and looking for accessories:
AA battery spacer. It would be nice to run this on AA's if need be. I really need to find one of these.
The ant works good, from what I can tell... but it's obviously not stock. It doesn't have the ability to fold flat to the radio without damage, which is important in the field when carrying it in a pouch or on a belt like I mostly do. Last but not least, is the desktop charger. I really don't foresee the need in one, but it would be nice to have with a spare batt being this is my main listening means, I'm all ears.

I've been scouring the web for the last few days, and I'm having a hard time finding a place to get the battery spacer, and stock ant. Universal Radio has the desktop charger, but that is about it. I'd like to buy them all from one source. Do any of you have any recommendations for where to look, or steer me in the right direction on sites?

Thanks!
-T-

Romak3

Banned
Get yourself an other lithium and be done with that worry/thought.

Antenna... eh, your good. Don't sweat it. You won't hear like you can with a base anyway. Although it can shock you at times.

Enjoy the R-20! GREAT RADIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.