IC-R2500 and Bell FleetNet

ve3fal

Premium Subscriber
I have not yet searched all the posts but wondering if anyone in Ontario has programmed the IC-R2500 to hear Bell FleetNet?

I am playing with one and trying to figure the programming and NAC out with this unit.
Any help would be appreciated.
Fred VE3FAL

mciupa

It will be an exercise in frustration with the 2500 being only a communications receiver. FleetNet being a trunked radio system will have conversations jumping to free frequencies within the site being monitored. A scanner would be a much better option.

You can try anyways just to experiment.

ve3fal

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, the scan rate is phenomenally fast on this unit, and putting the freqs into a bank is not that hard, but knowing the precise setup for each freq be it NAC,NAC code, HEX and so on is what I dont understand, if I could convert my GRE-400 files to ICF files that would help, but do not think that is possible.....Fred VE3FAL

mciupa

If someone in your area is running DSD+, Unitrunker, Pro96com perhaps they could provide precise details for NAC's on each frequency.

ve3fal

Premium Subscriber
I am running the PSR-500, if I could take those files and turn into ICF that would be great , will play a bit more and see what happens. Thanks again for your comments, and moving post to proper topic and area...Fred VE3FAL