R30 IC-R30 discontinued in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Air490

I heard a live stream with Ray Novak. Stated the R30 had an early death due to the lack of semiconductors, they have about a 100 units coming in. But there are no plans for a replacement in the near future.

Which live stream was this one? I haven't been able to find any reference to the R30 in any of his live streams

N4DJC

Premium Subscriber
Which live stream was this one? I haven't been able to find any reference to the R30 in any of his live streams

From Ham Radio Crash Course live stream: Icom ID-52A First Look With Ray Novak. It was a question asked online during the live stream, but appears to have been edited out now.

palmerjrusa

I think Icom has officially discontinued the IC-R30, it's no longer even listed at GigaParts or DXEngineering.
I recall the reason given being unavailability of certain parts.

Who knows though, think I can recall Icom announcing years back their IC-R75 was going to be discontinued, only for it to be given a reprieve and undiscontinued, perhaps due to popular demand.

In any case, if you want a brand new IC-R30, I'd grab one soon before they're gone.

I've a feeling it's going to be a sellers' market for used IC-R30s in good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.