IC-R5 USB Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott216

I've got an IC-R5 I haven't used in years and I'd like to start using it again. If memory serves my programming cable was a D-Sub cable (I can't find it). I only have Windows 7 PC with USB ports now. Where can I buy a USB cable (or good instructions to make one) that will work with the IC-R5? Also, what software works well in Windows 7?

wa2chj

RT Systems makes a serial to USB adapter cable that will work with most serial programming cables...and without the driver problems that most adapters have.

Scott

kcoleman

For software take a look at Butel's ARC5 package. I have the IC-R6 and the ARC6 software works well in Windows 7.

Hope that helps...
Keith,

scott216

For software take a look at Butel's ARC5 package. I have the IC-R6 and the ARC6 software works well in Windows 7.

Hope that helps...
Keith,

I came across the ARC5 while looking around. A few years ago I purchased a program from www.ic-r5.com, but I failed to save it when I got a new computer. I still have the registration code. I emailed the guy and asked for another copy of icr5cloner.exe, but I haven't heard back yet. If I can't replace icr5cloner.exe, I'll give ARC6 a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.