IC-R6 Cloning Software, reusable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I’m selling my IC-R6, I bought the windows cloning software disc and put it on my computer. Will the disc work for whoever buys my R6 or is it a one shot deal because I registered it.
Thanks

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I’m selling my IC-R6, I bought the windows cloning software disc and put it on my computer. Will the disc work for whoever buys my R6 or is it a one shot deal because I registered it.
Thanks

What software is it? Some is licensed to the person/user who bought it, others are licensed to the particular radio.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
It’s Rt systems software. There is a serial number with the disc used to download the software.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 10

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It’s Rt systems software. There is a serial number with the disc used to download the software.

Maybe read the software license terms and see what it says about giving away your copy to someone else. Not sure where RT Systems puts their terms but I would think there is a copy on the disk. Or on their website maybe.

Did this radio need any special cable to make the software work? RT Systems does use special cables that you must purchase from them for many of their supported models but so far, I've not needed any special cables for any of the Icom receivers.
If it did need a special cable, that should be included if you include the software.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you're selling the radio and no longer using the software, I think you'd be safe 'giving' the software to the new user along with the radio. It's usually illegal to 'sell' the software, or give it others while your still using it. But to be safe contact RT Systems and just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.