Ic-r71a

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve9djd

Hi
I'm looking for any help on resolving a dead vfo dial on my r71a receiver. I opened it up last night and checked the output of the dial voltage and it 'seems' fine. (just using a multimeter...no oscilloscope)
I'm thinking there might be something with the 'lock' switch, which I'm checking tonight...anyone have any thought??
Thanks in advance,
Dan

ridgescan

tumbleweed.gif

ve9djd

Joined that yahoo forum..as of yet only one response. Tried a few suggestions but still not working. Hopfully something comes up..I really hate the though of bringing it to a repair shop...$$$$$

ridgescan

Joined that yahoo forum..as of yet only one response. Tried a few suggestions but still not working. Hopfully something comes up..I really hate the though of bringing it to a repair shop...$$$$$
I see ya in there..that "crank organ" guy is real swift with these rigs-give it a couple days more then post it again-the right guy will pipe up there-I hope.

:D-and it got him to answer too

ve9djd

Was playing around inside the logic board and by moving J6 plug around got the vfo working for a sec. Pulled the board out and found a few broken solder joints on the board. Reflowed the connector pins and works like new again. Now I just have to find all the screws to reassemble :)
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. That r71 forum was a great help.
Dan

ridgescan

Was playing around inside the logic board and by moving J6 plug around got the vfo working for a sec. Pulled the board out and found a few broken solder joints on the board. Reflowed the connector pins and works like new again. Now I just have to find all the screws to reassemble :)
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. That r71 forum was a great help.
Dan
..or at least good for a lead:) great news Dan! On to the enjoyment of that rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.