IC-R75 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB78

I have an issue with my receiver where every 5 seconds the signal goes completely quiet. This lasts about one second, then it comes back (static and all). Sometimes it won't do it for a while, and other times it is doing it all the time.

It doesn't matter if I'm listening to a station or not.

I already reset the radio.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

nova1010

I have an issue with my receiver where every 5 seconds the signal goes completely quiet. This lasts about one second, then it comes back (static and all). Sometimes it won't do it for a while, and other times it is doing it all the time.

It doesn't matter if I'm listening to a station or not.

I already reset the radio.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Could be an antenna conection problem,if your using an external antenna try an internal one just to see if it does it again,also you may want to check antenna cable.

PB78

I use an internal EMF antenna by RF systems. I currently live in an apartment, so it is strung along the crown molding.

Also, I just purchased a Grundig AN200AM loop antenna, which picks up local AM stations much better than the wire antenna (not sure why). The signal still has a lot of noise regardless.

nanZor

Sounds like you may just be on the verge of the squelch threshold.

If you go into the SET mode (a quick tap of SET) and change the RF/SQL option (push either UP or DOWN to get to the RF/SQL controls) and then with the vfo knob to change the option to your liking, then tap SET again. Beware that if you hold SET too long, you'll just switch the antennas.

You've got 3 choices

S9 (squelch, SQ)
AT (Automatic)
R5 (rf-gain, rs)

S9 means that gain is max and the RF/SQL knob is just a squelch control.
AT means rf-gain control for SSB, CW, and RTTY, BUT squelch only for AM/FM
R5 means that the knob is just an rf-gain control for all modes.

I usually stick to either AT or RS. Give either one of those a shot and adjust the knob so that it isn't too close to squelching out, or running with too low of an rf-gain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.