R8600 IC-R8600 P25 Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
I have a P-25 memory channels that the audio is 10x louder than AM, NFM memory stations during scans. This is very annoying during memory scans. Does anyone know of any setting that can mitigate this? Thanks.

Ubbe

Are you listening through the receivers own speaker? Does the volume controls level indicater show the same level in analog as in P25?
Could you have set noise blanker and noise reduction, or perhaps notch filters, too optimistic so that they lower the audio too much? Digital modes doesn't use those functions.

/Ubbe

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Are you listening through the receivers own speaker? Does the volume controls level indicater show the same level in analog as in P25?
Could you have set noise blanker and noise reduction, or perhaps notch filters, too optimistic so that they lower the audio too much? Digital modes doesn't use those functions.

/Ubbe

Ubbe,

I think your on to something with the noise reduction settings? Thanks.

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Right now switching my R8600 between LAPD in P25 and a few of the local 162MHz weather freqs and the audio from all are at the same level out of the speaker.

I have P25 memory channels (700 and 800 MHz) that have no volume issues, it is just a Federal VHF (169 MHZ) that comes blasting in. Thanks for the info.

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Did you manage to get the audio levels balanced and what did you do to get it fixed?

/Ubbe

Hi Ubbe,

I turned off noise reduction on all FM VHF/UHF memories and the audio has stabilized for the most part. The one 169 MHZ P25 station still comes in HOT but is now bearable.

prcguy

Do you have another P25 receiver to test with? A lot of P25 radios have options for mic boost and AGC so that particular system could be set hot on transmit by its users

Hi Ubbe,

I turned off noise reduction on all FM VHF/UHF memories and the audio has stabilized for the most part. The one 169 MHZ P25 station still comes in HOT but is now bearable.

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Do you have another P25 receiver to test with? A lot of P25 radios have options for mic boost and AGC so that particular system could be set hot on transmit by its users

Yes, my DV-1 and AR8200D are the same. Guess they like it hot on transmit.

Status
Not open for further replies.