IC-R9500 - first price spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
I just found this page on the web. This is the first time I have seen anyone actually put a price on the IC-R9500.
http://www.marcucci.it/english/prodotti/schede/scheda.asp?ID=13600

The price is shown as 8,400 Euros. At the current exchange rate this is 10,668 dollars. This is in the ballpark of what some had estimated. It is unknown if this price shown is the Icom list price or if this is the dealers real street price.

Sinager

likely to be list price: Marcucci is mainly a wholesaler and shows list price not to undercut retailers buying stuff from them

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It will be interesting to see if it's "blocked" range includes trunking frequencies. If so, it won't be much good for a P25 module.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
In all seriousness, I wonder who and how many hobbyist, professionals will purchase one? Really, this is an instrument and not just a high-end wide band receiver.
I really hope Icom has their "stuff" together on this model compared to the mess (which still remains a mess) Icom made out of the PCR1500 and PCR2500. Both very good radios, but frequency band holes and P25 decode range was very inconsistent and stupid. Very poor marketing.

Turbo68

Hello,The ICOM-R2500 in Australia does not have any Problems with it and as for the Price of the R9500 that is not bad price and in the mean time I got an R9500 on order and I am paying about 19 Gran Aussie Dollars at least and I remember when I bought my R9000 was about 13 Gran and that was about 9 years ago which after that they went up in Price.

Lino Melbourne Australia.

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
Carmelof, when are you expecting to receive your R-9500?
Thanks, it is awesome to hear that someone actually has one on order!

Ouch. For ten large they should indeed toss in P-25 decoding gratis.

I'm tempted but I can't see myself dropping that kind of money on one. If it was more in 3000 to 5000 price range possibly. I've bit the bullet before. I own an Icom R-8500 and an AOR AR-5000+3/SDU5500 so I'm not averse to dropping money on expensive gear, but that is an awfully big chunk of change for a radio. Maybe in a few years when they show up on the used market occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.