Icall on pro 96 and or 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
whats the nitty gritty on setting this up . In trunked or no trunking/tracking mode. Thanks in Advance
BTW thats an edacs system if makes any differnce alos would like to know for Apco 25 MOTO:)

Last edited:

n2mdk

The Pro-96 and Pro-97 don't have the I-Call feature so there is no way to do it.

D

DaveNF2G

I have scanners that do have I-Call and find it to be very rare. I monitor two Motorola public safety systems (one P16 and one P25) and have never seen an I-Call on either one.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Some systems don't use I-Call at all. Some systems use it extensively. Some systems use it very lightly, only for supervisors, upper management, etc. It all depends on how the system was set up, and what their policies are in regard to I-Calls.

n2mdk

The Ames City and ISU systems don't use the I-Call feature, but the autopatch system they have comes through as if the phonecalls are single radio I-Calls. The Story Co system is set up for I-Calls but doesn't seem to be used very often.

SCPD

QRT
hmm have hear they use it here & often... the system in Montgomery,Alabama city/county EDACS . was told to enter the 17 channel in LCN order but FM mode & hit scan to get through them to hear ICalls. tried that but very annoying even if its supposed to work hehe

SCPD

QRT
Seems I-Call is more prevelant to EDACS systems. I too have never seen I-Call used on Motorola systems. However, TG-ID 50000 is supposed to capture I-Call on Motorola systems and that ID will program into the Pro-97. Will it actually search for I-Call? Not a clue.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Every system is different, I used to monitor a system that had heavy I-call usage as well as phonepatches. That was the mid-late 90s so cell phones were not as common for heavy usage as they are now.

As more and more TGs are assigned to trunked radio systems, then it would be likely to see I-calls severely limited to only certain users to save on bandwidth.

Case in point......This particular local system carried the highway patrol traffic as well, but the regular road troopers (below SGT) did not have the ability to initiate an I-call, except one. He had his radio reprogrammed at the local radio shop so he was able to make I-calls to county officers as well as his fellow troopers. I remember one night where him and another trooper were talking for almost an hour, my boss (a ham like me) joked with me that he talked so much he should have gotten his ham radio license :lol:

At some point someone spilled the beans, and his radio was reprogrammed back to it's intended operation. Was a shame too, he always had rather lively conversations :D

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
MaxTracker said:
Seems I-Call is more prevelant to EDACS systems. I too have never seen I-Call used on Motorola systems. However, TG-ID 50000 is supposed to capture I-Call on Motorola systems and that ID will program into the Pro-97. Will it actually search for I-Call? Not a clue.

Actually, the Motorola I-Call "wildcard" is 700000, and no, it won't work on a PRO-97. :(

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
MaxTracker said:
Seems I-Call is more prevelant to EDACS systems.

No, there are MANY more Motorola systems out there than EDACS.

SCPD

QRT
700000 my bad, and yeah I know there are way More Motorola systems vs. EDACS. But I-Call seems to be more used on EDACS than Motorola systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.