Ice Storm 2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPO703

I just got full power back at my home after it went out on Wednesday morning.

It went out around 4am on Wed, then, returned at 1830. Went back out around 2000 for a few then came back on at partial voltage. It just returned to full voltage around 1430 today.

Man, did it get cold in the house.

Lots of people lost power and some still don't have it.

Crews from Toledo Edison, Met-Ed, and other First Energy groups are working around the clock to restore power. They hope to have everyone back up by noon on Saturday. But, with this next storm starting up now.................

rfsparkz

Premium Subscriber
Storm

Hello,
The snow has started to fall here.I`m about 100Km north of Toronto.Weather network reports to expect up to 30cm over next 24hr.There is still 90cm of snow on lawn from last storm.Not good for people heading away for march break.Good time to stay indoors and work the airwaves.
73 Russ VE3ELL

OK ice storm tuned into huge snow storm... Lake County is in a Level II snow emergency. i have atleast 14 inches and then they say another 8-10 later today. UGg im snowed in!

FPO703

Just heard over the radio within the past few moments:

Unit 17 is enroute to the ER. Might as well have the snowplow follow us around all night.....

They just got unstuck after going down one of the main roads here in town that haven't been plowed recently.

The have had snow plows in mentor just standing by for emergencys for the FD and PD... I have heard atleast 20 PD units getting stuck in the snow (just in mentor) and a couple FD units through the county getting stuck. Its crazy... but its like the flood, it will only happen every so many years.

FPO you scanning lake county today/tonight?

EngineerZ

FPO703 said:
Crews from Toledo Edison, Met-Ed, and other First Energy groups are working around the clock to restore power. They hope to have everyone back up by noon on Saturday.
Anyone happen to know how well Nextel has been working for FirstEnergy? Any traffic on their UHF or 800 MHz channels?

--z

Status
Not open for further replies.