Icecast issues on Win7 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

Does Icecast have a GUI? I downloaded Icecast and it opens the DOS box when I click on "application." I am able to access the localhost:8000.

Any suggestions on what software is best for making my own mp3 stream I can listen to remotely via the web? I have a ton of bandwidth, I just need the correct programs to make it work......and I am new to this.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does Icecast have a GUI? I downloaded Icecast and it opens the DOS box when I click on "application." I am able to access the localhost:8000.

Any suggestions on what software is best for making my own mp3 stream I can listen to remotely via the web? I have a ton of bandwidth, I just need the correct programs to make it work......and I am new to this.

Icecast doesn't have a GUI. It looks like you know how to configure Icecast with the icecast.xml file and how to access Icecast using a browser.

My free RadioFeed program has a built in server that works like Icecast that can serve mp3 streams.

trauts14

Thank you. I was working with the config .xml file or whatever the config file is, which is not a problem. I was just hoping I missed something and a GUI was available. As far as streaming audio from a scanner for example, is icecast and BUTT the way to go? Is there anything better/more popular?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I was working with the config .xml file or whatever the config file is, which is not a problem. I was just hoping I missed something and a GUI was available. As far as streaming audio from a scanner for example, is icecast and BUTT the way to go? Is there anything better/more popular?

What type of scanner and are you using Win OS?
It looks like butt broadcasting doesn't have a built in server. It streams from a mic or line input to a server. so you will still need a Icecast or Shoutcast server plus it doesn't support scanner text tags.

trauts14

Win 7. I have a few amateur radios and I really want to stream rtl-sdr someday. For now, I just want to learn how to setup and config things. The handheld I use the most is a Yaesu (i cant recall the model). I have a 1Gb internet connection. Do you have any suggestions as far as what software is best for setting up an audio web server, or what most people use? Thanks for any assistance.

trauts14

@ProScan, So Radiofeed would allow me to use one software to do everything correct? I buy/install Radiofeed, configure it, plug in an old scanner or marine VHF to test, and then I can listen to my feed while I am at work for example?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
@ProScan, So Radiofeed would allow me to use one software to do everything correct? I buy/install Radiofeed, configure it, plug in an old scanner or marine VHF to test, and then I can listen to my feed while I am at work for example?

Yes. Using the Web Server feature. RadioFeed picks up the audio from the mic or line in jack and streams it out. You will not need to use a 3rd party server such as Icecast or Shoutcast. Using a Web Browser, click the audio link to listen. You will not see any text tags as your radios not supported but the audio will be fine.

Right side of my web Page is the RadioFeed section ProScan Website

RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki

Download, install, config. You will also have to configure the router fire Port Forwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.