Icecast - Listen on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I have recently been provided info on how to get icecast to run on my Pi.....with that being said I am able to get it to stream on my iPhone, however, not on any browser on my Windows 10 PC.

I am seeing it want to save a file then the media thing open (Grove music??) and then says it cannot play the file or add it to my library first.

Anyone with any information to listen straight from the link?

Jestre

Been awhile since I tried anything on Windows, but have you tried opening your stream in something with a bit more capability than the standard Windows browsers (IE)? I would try VLC to play the stream, especially if you are broadcasting in Ogg or similar.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have recently been provided info on how to get icecast to run on my Pi.....with that being said I am able to get it to stream on my iPhone, however, not on any browser on my Windows 10 PC.

I am seeing it want to save a file then the media thing open (Grove music??) and then says it cannot play the file or add it to my library first.

Anyone with any information to listen straight from the link?

Do you have the Windows File Association set up so the .m3u playlist is associated with your favorite media player. Mine is setup so when I click the m3u link, it will load WinAmp and then play the stream

Status
Not open for further replies.