• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICFR3000 CWID DON'T NEED IT TO ID IF NO ACTIVITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
I am deploying an ICFR3000 for the two meter hams in my town. Everything ready to go except the ID'er ID's every ten minutes even if there is no activity. I cannot find a setting in the program to make it ID only if it has been keyed. I don't need a beacon; especially if people want to monitor the repeater all night for emergency traffic. Does anyone know how to make it ID only if there has been activity during the last ten minutes? Thanks.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
The FR3000 is a commercial repeater, where that kind of logic isn't required. If enabled, the CWID will simply ID at the interval programmed, regardless of channel activity.

In order to accomplish what you want, you will have to purchase and install one of the many aftermarket amateur repeater controllers that provide this functionality.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I am deploying an ICFR3000 for the two meter hams in my town. Everything ready to go except the ID'er ID's every ten minutes even if there is no activity. I cannot find a setting in the program to make it ID only if it has been keyed. I don't need a beacon; especially if people want to monitor the repeater all night for emergency traffic. Does anyone know how to make it ID only if there has been activity during the last ten minutes? Thanks.

Also, if you are using a PL/DPL tone on the output, program the repeater to transmit CWID without it. That's how it's done on the commercial/public safety side, no officer wants to listen to it ID.

Trick will be getting the hams to program their radios with a receive PL/DPL tone. (Good luck with that).

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
Well, since I do a good deal of the programming for the guys here, CTCSS is enabled for every radio I program. Good point though on disabling subaudible on ID. Thanks guys. To cmdrwill, there is a heckuva lot of stuff not on the ham test these days. But, like all of us, they will learn. 73 guys

OhSixTJ

Yes, send it with no PL/DPL. If -they- are to stupid to enable PL/DPL on RX then they can listen to it...

Too* (the irony)

It’s not stupidity, I think the issue is that you don’t know if the repeater broadcasts with a tone or not so why program a decode and potentially make your radio deaf to the frequency.

cmdrwill

To cmdrwill, there is a heckuva lot of stuff not on the ham test these days. But, like all of us, they will learn. 73 guys

Learning takes a good mentor or teacher. Most Ham;s are not good at teaching or mentoring.

On one large linked repeater network the so called mentors have absolutely NO clues.

I do give a lot of appreciation to one of my mentors, The Shoe.

12dbsinad

Too* (the irony)
I may not be very smart, but I know what love is... Jenny.

I also know what a PL tone is and how it works. Thanks for pointing out my error, grammar police.

It’s not stupidity, I think the issue is that you don’t know if the repeater broadcasts with a tone or not so why program a decode and potentially make your radio deaf to the frequency.

Why would you NOT want RX PL? It's not going to make anything deaf, there is a thing called off hook monitor if you're so worried about it.

I literally can't think of a analog ham repeater around me that does not transmit PL. I mean, if you want to listen to squelch bursts, farts, crackle, pop, buzz, etc at every streetlight or even in your own vehicle (esp on 2M) as well as CWID all the time, then eat your heart out!

1970 called and they want their vibrasponders back.

CCHLLM

Vibrasponders? They're under that pile of DynaMotors in the corner along with all those leaking caps you found in my Astro Spectras. ;D

kc8ufv

Feed Provider
Why would you NOT want RX PL? It's not going to make anything deaf, there is a thing called off hook monitor if you're so worried about it.

Unfortunately, there are many ham repeater owners/operators out there who for one reason or another only listen for a PL and don't transmit one. The primary function of PL usage in Ham Radio is to help select the desired repeater if you are in between them, or if there is skip occouring.

J_edgerton

I just got one of these units as well. I believe it is in the Public Safety band. How did you get yours down to the ham band? and how stable is it? I have read that it doesn't require any physical modification and its all done in the software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
Enter your frequencies and subaudible squelch info. It should take ham frequencies no problem. Mine did. Be sure to save your present profile (configuration file) to re-enter it in case you make a mistake. That is always good advice. If what you have presently works, save it. You might look to see what frequencies and squelch codes are in it and send that info to the group. If I can help you further, I can give you my cell # and we can chat. 73, Bob

J_edgerton

Enter your frequencies and subaudible squelch info. It should take ham frequencies no problem. Mine did. Be sure to save your present profile (configuration file) to re-enter it in case you make a mistake. That is always good advice. If what you have presently works, save it. You might look to see what frequencies and squelch codes are in it and send that info to the group. If I can help you further, I can give you my cell # and we can chat. 73, Bob

Yea bob how about shooting me an email with your number I’m pretty new to these units. I’ll take any advice I can get.
justinedgerton69@gmail.com

WB9YBM

Everything ready to go except the ID'er ID's every ten minutes even if there is no activity. I cannot find a setting in the program to make it ID only if it has been keyed...Does anyone know how to make it ID only if there has been activity during the last ten minutes? Thanks.

I'm not sure about the programming aspect of it, but there's a circuit that'll work to trigger an IDer as you specified it:

Attachments

• ID timer, with pause.jpg
    ID timer, with pause.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.