ICI-System with a BC796D

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner99

Premium Subscriber
After Culver City transitioned to P25, I have been unable to get my BC796D to work on the new system. Has anyone been able to use a BC796 on the new Culver Cell. If so, what settings need to be changed to make it work?

For any of the other ICI Sites, does anyone remember the changes needed in the programming to make it work on the P25 system?

allend

Premium Subscriber
On the old Smartzone system you most likely had to enter into your scanner a custom band plan for that system. With the P25 Phase I system you should not have to enter in a custom band plan for your radio but you radio just might be too old to receive the newer system now.

Looks like you might have to invest in a newer scanner. BCD996P2 or the BCD536HP

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
After Culver City transitioned to P25, I have been unable to get my BC796D to work on the new system. Has anyone been able to use a BC796 on the new Culver Cell. If so, what settings need to be changed to make it work?

For any of the other ICI Sites, does anyone remember the changes needed in the programming to make it work on the P25 system?

I'm able to monitor Burbank and Glendale with the same scanner, has to be programmed as a Motorola Type 2 / P25 UHF system under Trunk Bank Settings and enter the control channels in the Channels tab, then enter the talkgroups in the trunk list and dont forget to check off the "Trunk" box. Make sure the talkgroups are in the same bank as the control channels. Leave the Frequency Tables blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.