ICI Trunked System - Posts your new findings here!

BobFam

Tonight while monitoring the Verdugo Fire Comm Center in the ICI I heard a engine referring to Red 10. There is no Red 10 in the Verdugo Fire Comm Center in the database. It lists Red 1 thru Red 9 and Red 15. Does anyone know what the other unlisted ones are please? Bob.
Thanks a lot. It looks like they are all analog. I'll add them all. Bob.

Engine104

Member since 2005
The Oat Mountain system is closest to me and has the best reception at my location (Glendale, Burbank, and Pasadena all come in choppy). Is there a reason why they don't leave Oat open for Verdugo, Burbank PD, and Glendale PD all of the time?

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
The Oat Mountain system is closest to me and has the best reception at my location (Glendale, Burbank, and Pasadena all come in choppy). Is there a reason why they don't leave Oat open for Verdugo, Burbank PD, and Glendale PD all of the time?
What do you mean by open?

Engine104

Member since 2005
The Oat control channel is on 24/7, but they seem to turn Verdugo and Burbank PD, Glendale PD off on the Oat system. I was wondering if anyone knows why that happens.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
The Oat control channel is on 24/7, but they seem to turn Verdugo and Burbank PD, Glendale PD off on the Oat system. I was wondering if anyone knows why that happens.

radio traffic is only carried on the channels when a user affiliates to that channel on that site. Same goes for Hauser Peak. Used mostly for coverage, like an incident that could end up in those areas or an officer who lives in that area. But otherwise for day to day operations in Burbank or Glendale it’s not needed.

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
Hello there, I was wondering if there are any more control freq's other than the ones already listed in the database. Thanks - Hrach

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
Ah okay, because a while ago when my XTS 5000 was programmed for Non affiliate scan, the programmer put different control channels for example, 477.2125 which is not in the database. Now, I have the software and I am able to program these radios by myself. Thanks for the info though.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Ah okay, because a while ago when my XTS 5000 was programmed for Non affiliate scan, the programmer put different control channels for example, 477.2125 which is not in the database. Now, I have the software and I am able to program these radios by myself. Thanks for the info though.
That was from the old Pasadena site which is no longer active. Glendale is the main site for the area now with expanded coverage.

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
Oh wow I didn't know that. Thank you! So far I have every single control channel on my radio along with the glendale channel ID frequencies.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
South Gate joined ICI effective March 1st. Db updated.

Legacy VHF frequencies maintained as backup for now.

BoboPinky

What's up with CCFD (Culver City, CA Fire) Dispatch Freq(s)? Seems I no longer am hearing dispatch? I was at:

CUL FD RED1 / ID 2393

I've head CCFD (Incident and or "truck to truck" talk) on CUL FD 7 (ID 2399) or CUL FD 8 (ID 2400), but not any "Dispatch" for a while now?

Anyone scanning Culver City with info?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Culver City Police and Fire are dispatched by South Bay Regional Public Communications Authority.

Fire calls are dispatched on South Bay's Fire Dispatch talkgroup and units are assigned a Culver City talk group as a Tac to work the call on subsequently.

The Culver City dispatch talkgroup has and can be used as fallback when systems go down.

BoboPinky

Culver City Police and Fire are dispatched by South Bay Regional Public Communications Authority.

Fire calls are dispatched on South Bay's Fire Dispatch talkgroup and units are assigned a Culver City talk group as a Tac to work the call on subsequently.

The Culver City dispatch talkgroup has and can be used as fallback when systems go down.
Ahhh perhaps(?) the CUL FD RED1 / ID 2393 is NOT the dispatch anymore and FIRE DISP (South Bay Fire Dispatch) / ID 3114 is???

I'll program in and test.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Yes, monitor South Bay's Fire Dispatch talkgroup (3114).

The CCFD Red-1 is for fallback when the system goes down (happened about 2 weeks ago) and occasional unit-to-unit comms.

BoboPinky

Yes, monitor South Bay's Fire Dispatch talkgroup (3114).

The CCFD Red-1 is for fallback when the system goes down (happened about 2 weeks ago) and occasional unit-to-unit comms.
Got it.... just added that (3114) to my programming. I'm a CC resident, so the CCPD/FD/LG etc. is my most monitored system, AND.... just now a call going out to CCFD and I'm hearing it! Thank you LAflyer!

Things are (and have been for a LONG time) different from the days of my Bearcat Handheld "Five - Six"! Ha!

Last edited:

officer_415

Database Admin
I noticed under Verdugo Fire there's a Red 9 listed (TG 2116). My understanding was that Red 1-8 and 15 were trunked talkgroups, and Red 9-14 and 16 were conventional channels. Should this talkgroup be deleted?