ICIS Mutual Aid TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

rananthony04

I came across some "new" talkgroups while monitoring the Glendale/Burbank ICIS cells. I had forgotten about the Montebello CC I put in a while back, I remember seeing 3 of these on the Montebello CC[482.0375] and the other 2 on Glendale's' primary CC [482.2875] the radio techs were conducting tests, identifying these TG's as "ICIS Mutual Aid 1 through 5". They also acknowledged the fact that there were also the other MA freqs that we're all familiar with. Does this mean that there will be 2 sets of MA freqs? One set for ICIS and the other for LA County? Why would ICIS need MA TG's anyway? All of their radios are interoperable, rightr?

Here are the 5 TG's I logged:
65392>kept refering to as MAID 1

There have been a few other TG's that start with 6 that popped up, but I wasn't quick enough to save them. I should also mention that most of the TG's were in digital modulation.

RobertW1

I also noticed these talkgroups showing up this afternoon. Unfortunately, I didn't have my digital scanner, but my PRO-97. Since all the comms were digital I had no idea what the transmissions were about, but logged the TGs and will punch them into the BC796D.

Could these be the Mutual Aid channels to be used by ICIS cities? As it is now, Burbank TGs may work through the Glendale, Oat Mountain, etc. Cells, but they don't talk to directly to Glendale units. Perhaps these new TGs will allow that when they are working a common incident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.